1.2

★★★★★

WITH ONE FINAL KICK, Diana had cleared the room

"Where to next?" She asked agent Hill who was supervising her mission back at headquarters.

"Top floor, in the west region, heat signatures show hostages. Also two potential hostiles." Maria replied. Diana raced up the elevator shaft to floor 7, heading in the direction she was told.

"How should I approach this?" She asked Maria once again, who unlike her, had eyes on the room.

"There's no point in attempting to draw them out, I say use your speed as advantage, and take them out quickly."

Diana nodded, quickly racing into the room and breaking down the door. Time slowed down for Diana as she quickly assessed the situation. Two armed hostiles; one with a gun raised, and one without.

She raced over to the nearest man and quickly threw him against the wall knocking him out. Spinning around in time to dodge the second mans hit, she grabbed his arm, making him cry out in pain and drop his drawn gun. He fell to the floor as Diana then swiftly kicked him in the face, knocking him out.

"Princess, another threat detected!"

"There isn't-" Diana cut short as she heard the ticking. She looked over to the whimpering hostages as she quickly turned to the source of the ticking noise. She sped over to a briefcase-looking device.

5....

"Oh Hera." Diana cursed.

"A bomb?" Agent Hill's confused voice came in through the earpiece.

"There's no time to defuse it!" Diana exclaimed as she shut the brief case and picked it up.

3...

"Diana!? What's going on?"

Diana huffed before running at full speed out of the window. Glass shattered everywhere as the woman held up her shield and threw the bombing device as high as she could.

1...

It exploded in the air, thankfully not reaching the building at all.

"Bomb." Diana stated as she flew back down to the top floor.

"Oh, shit." Maria cursed.

"What is it?"

"There are others." Agent Hill sighed as Diana heard intense typing over the line.

"More? How many?" Diana asked as she helped everyone up and tried to usher them out of the building as soon as possible.

"I'm seeing four in total-"

All of a sudden one loud crash echoed throughout the building, shaking the 6th floor that Diana and the hostages were now on.

"Call a code purple, bring back up now!" Maria exclaimed on the other end.

"Diana, you're going to have to wait until help arrives, focus on getting the hostages out."

"Will do." She replied as she started hurry the people out of the building. They were on floor two of the office building when the windows crashed around them and approximately six enemy hostiles entered.

"Shit, Lieutenant, more hostiles, we got our best working on defusing the bomb from here; backup arrives in 53 seconds."

Diana didn't reply this time, she yelled at the workers to get outside and run as far as they could.

Blocking them from bullets she quickly shoved everybody down the long staircase.

"Go! Go!"

"24 seconds!" Maria exclaimed.

As all the hostages got down the stairs, Diana continued to block shots, but she had enough.

"Tell them to immediately help the hostages." Diana said to Maria.

The Amazon pulled out her shield and unsheathed her sword.

"I have this."

The warrior let out a battle cry as ran over to the first enemy with her shield up blocking his attacks. She ran at full speed into the man knocking him so far back into the wall that it cracked. She then slashed her sword and knocked out another 3 men easily.

She threw her shield over to the next man, like Steve had always done, and it knocked him back into the corner of the desk. The shield did not fly back like Steve's magically did but it fell close enough for Diana to stomp on the edge of it, making it bounce up into her hand. She then used it to block the next mans attack with a knife. He whacked the shield out of her hand before slashing the blade at her. She took quick steps backwards, dodging each advance, waiting to find the perfect moment to strike. She dodged once more, moving under the mans raised hands and hitting him hard in the back making him fly across the room.

"You want to surrender now?" She asked the final man. He raised his arms in the air, and was almost about to surrender when ten SHIELD agents came barging up the stairs with guns ready.

"Are the workers safe?"

"Yes, your majesty, we cleared out any lurking enemies." One, presumably the leader, said as all the men took off their helmets.

"Good job, Lieutenant Prince." Maria's voice came over the earpiece.

"We have the remaining agents finding the rest of the bombs, they've successfully been deactivated."

"That's good news. I do not think I could have handled a loss today." Diana replied as several helicopters landed outside the building. 3 of them were for the hostages while the last one was for Diana. Oh how she had missed her invisible jet. Peggy suggested that Diana hid it from SHIELD and the SSR and only use it when it's absolutely necessary. Howard had kept it safe in a remote bunker facility in Brooklyn near Jamaica Bay. It had been a place only Peggy, Diana and Howard new of, and maybe the workers who had helped build it, but money kept their mouths shut.

"We'll have-

"DIANA!" Fury's voice boomed over the call.

"We need you to remain in Germany. We have a new mission for you involving an Asgardian." Fury said to Diana making her sigh. The Amazons and Asgardians have been allies since ancient times, Themyscira even had a bifrost so that the Amazons may visit different realms. This is what the Amazons greatest warriors used to visit Nidavellir for their weapons.

Diana could almost hear Fury's smirk as she got into the helicopter.

"We think you'll like it."

★★★★★