1.9

★★★★★

"MOMMA!" A little boy screamed as he ran around the dangerous streets

Diana stopped in her path, looking over to the boy, and a Chitauri lining up their laser spear at him. He looked around cluelessly, tightly clutching his dirt covered teddy bear.

Diana rushed in front of the boy, blocking the spears spot with her gauntlet, covering the boy from harm.

"What's your name?" She asked.

"Peter!" The boy squeaked.

"Where did your mother go?" She asked him, wrapping her arms around his tiny body and picking him up.

A large tear escaped his big doe eyes as he pointed into the direction of where his mom was.

Diana looked over at a half-collapsed building and let out a heavy sigh.

The small boy sobbed into her shoulders as she gripped him tighter.

More Chitauri began to circle Diana, unable to use her arms, she had to dodge every shot from the dozens of creatures, rushing the boy to safety.

The boy let out a small scream as he dropped his teddy.

Diana turned around to pick it up when a white hot pain shot through her shoulder, quickly looking to see blood pouring out, Diana refused to show any fear, only telling herself to get this one boy to safety.

She sped over to the teddy, picking it up within a flash, disappearing just a fast.

She stopped in front of a police blockade, letting down the kid who ran back to her and clutched her leg.

"Wonder Woman?" A tall, lanky officer gasped.

"His name is Peter. His mother. S- She might be dead." She stuttered, pressing a hand to her injury. The officer glanced down at the boy with pity.

Diana pulled the boy off her, crouching down to his eye level.

"Peter, you stay with this nice man. I promise he will help you, but I have to go." Diana said softly, placing a hand on his shoulder, the other was still putting pressure on her laser wound.

"T-to help more k-kids like me?" He stuttered.

"To help everyone." She smiled softly, removing her hand.