2.9

A/N: Last chapter of TWS :D

★★★★★

"EXCUSE US

"EXCUSE US." Steve nodded at the technician. Fearfully, the man held up his hands and stepped aside to let the four enter.

"You want to do the honors?" Diana asked Steve, gesturing to the speaker. She knew how good he was with motivational speeches.

"Attention, all SHIELD agents. This is Steve Rogers." He spoke into the speaker. He glanced up at Diana who smiled and encouraged him to continue.

 "You've heard a lot about me over the last few days, some of you were even ordered to hunt me and Diana down. But I think it's time you know the truth."

 "SHIELD is not what we thought it was, it's been taken over by HYDRA. Alexander Pierce is their leader. The STRIKE and Insight crew are HYDRA as well. I don't know how many more, but I know they're in the building. They could be standing right next to you. They almost have what they want: absolute control. They shot Nick Fury and it won't end there. If you launch those Helicarriers today, HYDRA will be able to kill anyone that stands in their way, unless we stop them. I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." He concluded, looking up straight into Diana's eyes.

"Did you write that down first, or was it off the top of your head?" Sam asked Steve as Maria typed away on the computers

"They're initiating launch."

Steve, Diana and Sam all ran to make their way towards the helicarriers.

"Hey, Cap, how do we know the good guys from the bad guys?" Sam asked as they ran.

"If they're shooting at you, they're bad." Replied Cap, as the 3 split up into different ways. 
Bringing out her lasso, Diana raced towards the first agent she could see, flinging forward her lasso, it wrapped around the body of the agent. Pulling it forward, the man lifted off the ground towards Diana who kicked him off the side. 

Half a dozen more agents appeared with their weapons raised, making Diana raise her arms up as a fake surrender and dropping her lasso. She then smirked, quickly bringing her arms down and clashing her gauntlets together. The group of men went flying back unconscious.

She bent down, picking up her lasso and continuing to run.

"Hey, Cap, I found those bad guys you were talking about." Sam's voice said through the earpiece.