2.4

★★★★★

STEVE ARRIVED at his and Diana's small, but quaint apartment

STEVE ARRIVED at his and Diana's small, but quaint apartment. He hadn't heard from Diana since the morning, but Steve wasn't worried as he knew she was more than capable of taking care of herself. He easily made his way upstairs to the apartment when he heard his neighbor, Kate, talking on the phone as she did her laundry.

"That's so sweet. That is so nice. Hey. I gotta go, though. Okay, bye." The blonde woman hung up before turning to Steve.

"My aunt, she's kind of an insomniac."

"Yeah." The woman said, placing her phone in her laundry basket.

"Hey, if you want...if you want, you're welcome to use my machine. Might be cheaper than the one in the basement." Steve offered kindly.

"Oh, yeah? What's it cost?" The undercover agent flirted, but Steve didn't notice.

"Well, uh- I'm not good with the jewellery stuff, but if I were to buy an engagement ring... Is there any chance you would know a good place?" Steve asked, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly. He could've asked Natasha, but Steve didn't want to suffer her endless babbling about how cute him and Diana are.

"I- Uh." The agent faltered slightly. "I'm actually not too sure, and I've actually got a load on downstairs and, uh...you really don't want my scrubs in your machine. I'm just finished a rotation in the infectious diseases ward, so." She lamely excused.

Steve's mouth dropped slightly as he thought he might've just made the woman uncomfortable.

"Ah, well, I'll keep my distance." Steve said in a joking manner to relieve the awkwardness he felt.

"Well, hopefully not too far." The blonde flirted once more, but Steve's gaze seemed to be elsewhere. The undercover agent turned around to find a slightly bloody and dirty Diana Prince in her full armour. Having just heard what Sharon said, Diana's eyes glanced over suspiciously at the woman whom she knew was sent to watch over her and Steve.

Sharon Carter was lovely to everybody, except Diana.

It wasn't that the goddess had done anything wrong, but Sharon always felt inferior compared to her. She always thought that she was a better fighter than Diana. Almost daily during her training days, she would ask to go up against the goddess in hopes to finally earn her respect as the one who overpowered Wonder Woman. It didn't help that Sharon had a crush on Steve.

Diana knew this, and when she mentioned it to Peggy, she didn't think the old woman could laugh any harder.

"It's in the Carter gene to be competitive, Diana." Peggy had said to her the day she visited.