1.10

★★★★★

THE LEVIATHAN'S WEIGHT WOULD'VE nearly crushed Diana, hadn't Tony came in to help with the safe landing

"I almost had that one." Tony whined as he landed next to Diana.

"Sure, Anthony." Diana replied.

All of a sudden, a Chitauri hit Tony, sending him flying back.

Diana turned to see a group of a dozen Chitauri all firing at her. Dodging each shot, they overpowered her as more and more joined. Moving her arms into formation, the shots were blocked by her temporary shield. Pushing her arms back out again, the 20 or so Chitauri were pushed right back as Diana ran to help up Tony.

"Stark? Prince? You hear me? We have a missile headed straight for the city." Fury's voice came in.

"How long?" Tony asked, as he and Diana fought back to back.

"Three minutes, max."

"The payload will wipe out midtown." Fury finished, causing Diana to slightly panic.

"JARVIS-" Tony began but Diana gripped his suit so tightly that he paused.

"Tony, let me do it. You're almost out of power."

"Diana-" Tony tried but she shook her head.

"No, I've stood by and watched people sacrifice themselves for too long. It's about time I return the favour." She cut him off.

"Then I'm real sorry about this." Tony said, firing a blast at Diana, knocking her far back into a car. He took off after the nuke to avoid further arguing.

Tony flew to the incoming nuke that JARVIS had to coordinates to, and grabbed a hold of it.

Tony heard Natasha saying that she can close the portal but Diana objected.

"Not yet!" She yelled, knowing what Tony was about to do.

"Diana, these things are still coming!" Steve replied.

"I have a nuclear bomb coming in. Headed straight for us. It has less than a minute." Tony's voice came in.

"I know what I have to do." Tony muttered as he steered it upwards.

"You know that's a one way trip?"

Tony ignored Steve, a static silent being received in return.