𝖔𝖓𝖊

BRIGHT BEAMS OF SUNLIGHT SHONE through the crack of belle's white curtains

BRIGHT BEAMS OF SUNLIGHT SHONE through the crack of belle's white curtains. Belle squinted her green eyes under the bright light. The ginger girl pressed the heel of her pale hands into her eyelids, trying to wake herself up. With a final yawn, Belle flung her legs over the side of her bed and stretched her aching joints.

Walking over to her closet, she flung the doors open and inspected her outfits. Considering she wasn't planning on going out into town today, she opted for a white blouse and long brown skirt. She slid on her brown boots and strode out her room.

Belle made her way down the stairs of the father's ranch and into the kitchen. Glancing at the clock, seeing that it was 5:30 in the morning. Belle furrowed her eyebrows, the boys are normally up by now. 

Belle made her way back up the stairs, entering the corridor where all the residents of the ranch slept. Belle smiled mischievously as made her way to the closet door, banging her hand on the wood. An angry Steve emerged from the doorway, prepared to shout at the intruder but stopped when he noticed it was the only female of the house. 

"Why, hello, Miss Belle. What can I help you with?" Steve asked.

"Well, good morning, Steve. It's time to wake up. Get dressed and cleaned up," Belle replied, beginning to walk to the next door. Steve went to go back into his room and went to grab his tobacco but was stopped by Belle's word. "Brush your teeth before for once, Stevie," Belle said without turning around, already knowing what he wanted to do. The girl heard Steve groan and treed towards the bathroom. Belle proceeded to beat on the next two doors together, revealing a groggy and tired Dick and Charley. "Morning, boys. Rise and shine."

Charley mumbled a morning back and rubbed his eyes, stumbling over to the bathroom. "Morning, Miss Belle. What's the time?" Dick asked, running his hand through his dark messy hair.

"Just gone 5:30." Belle smiled.

"Bit late today, let's hope your old man doesn't go too hard on us."

"I wouldn't worry, he isn't up yet either, now you get ready," Belle ushered Dick back into his room so he could dressed, then moved onto the last three doors. She banged her hands on the closest two doors. The doors hesitantly and slowly opened revealing Chevez and Doc. Belle smiled at the sight of both of their dishevelled hair. "Morning, sleepy heads."

"Mornin'," Chevez replied with a tired smile, waddling over to the bathroom.

"Hi there, Miss Belle, how are you on this fine morning?" Doc smiled, leaning against his doorframe, watching the ginger woman wince at the small argument occurring around the bathroom doorway.