𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞-𝖙𝖜𝖔

"THE BLONDE BANDIT?"

Billy had come up to Belle with a grin, Hendry following after him, informing her of her new name.

"Yeah!" Billy exclaimed laughing. "You always wanted the Regulators to have nicknames that you didn't have one for yourself. So, you're now the Blonde Bandit,"

"Billy, I made nicknames for everyone so they felt comfortable at the ranch, not so some journalist could get wet over it. There's a difference between a nickname and a stage name, Billy," Belle commented, stroking her horse's head. "Plus, I'm a mother and a teacher, I can't have a name like that following me about for the rest of my life, can I?"

"Of course, you can," Billy groaned, by this time, Hendry had walked away, sensing the argument about to brew. "You talk about your kids too much, Belle -"

"And you wouldn't?" Belle accused. "If you were in my position - if you were snatched away from the two little children that you created and loved with your entire being - if you had no idea how they were, if they were safe, hell, if they were alive! If that was you, tell me, you wouldn't be losing your goddamn mind!" Belle practically screamed at him. Belle closed her eyes momentarily, taking a deep breath. "Look, Billy, I just want to go home. I'm tired of this lifestyle, I don't want it anymore. But, I'm gonna stay for Doc."

Billy nodded, looking down at his feet. "You know, Belle," Billy took a step closer to the girl, chuckling under his breath. "Even though your hair's changed, you've changed your name, you've changed your style, and you think you've changed your attitude, you're still the same Miss Belle Tunstall that I met a year or so ago."

"Billy, what are y -"

"I love you, Miss Belle, I always have. Even though you hate me, and you're married to my best friend and have two boys with the man, I still love you," Billy exclaimed, quietly, walking away.

Belle looked down at her feet, with wide eyes, her mouth was hanging open slightly. Belle's mind raced back to when Billy joined the ranch. The interaction they shared before Murphy and the Sheriff interrupted their day.

~

"You and Doc. You're together?" Billy asked again with a smug smirk.

"No. That would be quite inappropriate, for him to court the daughter of his benefactor. He's a fine gentleman and an incredible friend, but no we're are 'not together'," Belle said sternly.

"So, that means you are single?" Billy stepped closer to the girl.

"I don't see how that's any of your business, Billy," Belle deadpanned, opening her book once again. Billy studied her face intently, taking in every small detail.

"Well, what if I was interested in courting the daughter of my benefactor?" Billy asked smoothly. Belle's eye widened and closed her book once again. She leaned forward in her chair, coming closer to Billy's smug face. "Well, Belle?"

"That's Miss Belle to you, Billy. And if you were interested in that, then I would keep that to yourself. You wouldn't want my father to hear that" Belle answered with a smile, then turned back to her reading. "Billy, please go back to your work, the pigs can't feed themselves."

~

"Shit," Belle cursed, wincing at the memory.

"Doll?" The blonde girl jumped at the voice, behind her. Turning around, she came face-to-face with Doc. "Are you alright, what were you and Billy chatting about?"

"Uh, nothing too important," Belle tried her very smile through the shock. Before Josiah could question any further, Belle placed her hand under his chin, guiding his face closer to her own. Pressing a tender kiss to his lips. They both smiled through the kiss. It had felt like a century since the couple had spent any romantic time together, with only the odd kiss or hug here and there, they quite honestly neglected each other romantically.

Wrapping her arms around his shoulders, Belle deepened the kiss, not bothering that they were in full view of the villagers. "I've missed this," Belle chuckled, mumbling against his lips.

Josiah chuckled with her, wrapping his arms tightly around the small of her back. "As have I, darling,"

With that, Josiah led them both into a private section of Billy's hideout so they could compensate on time they had lost in the last year.