𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖊

"NINE MEN LAY DEAD OR at death's door yesterday noon following a gunfight between Lincoln resident, Henry Hill, 45, and what patrons have called 'the kid'

"NINE MEN LAY DEAD OR at death's door yesterday noon following a gunfight between Lincoln resident, Henry Hill, 45, and what patrons have called 'the kid'. A local miner has identified 'the kid' as one Henry McCarthy, also known as William H. Bonney, 19 or 20. In a flaming shootout 'The Kid' - Billy - killed Mr Hill then took on an onslaught of Hill's partisans bringing the damage to six verified slayings. Bonney is believed to be the captain of a deputized gang, which consists of 6 young men and 1 young lady," Doc read from the Daily Journal. 

The group of rookie deputies were perched behind a brick wall in the Lincoln town centre as Doc stood, leant against the wall with the newspaper in his hand. Belle was pacing around in front of them, her adrenaline still pulsing through her veins. 

"Captain?" Dick asked, sounding gutted. 

"How come it doesn't say nothing about the two I closed out?" Steve mumbled. 

"Shit, Dick, you sent a lamb into slaughter and he walked out a king sheep," Charley added.

"El Chivato," Chevez tested the term, twirling his knife between his gloved fingers. "Billy The Kid, eh?" Belle landed next to Doc, leaning against the wall. Josiah ran his hand through the girl's locks, scratching at her scalp. Belle hummed with content, opening her eyes turning her head to peek out of the gap in the wall. 

Belle's eyes widened when she saw a little Chinese girl dressed head-to-toe in black walk by. Belle ran around the wall, Doc catching her wrist before she could go. "Belle, where are you going? You know they'll be looking for us,"

"I know, I'll be back in a minute, I won't do anything stupid, I promise," Belle assured her partner with a smile.

"Belle -" Doc began, but Belle cut him off with a passionate kiss on the lips. Belle flung her arms around his neck, pulling him further down to her. Doc took a few seconds to respond until he circled his arms around her waist. Belle pulled away with a smile.

"I love you, Josiah, but I'll only be a minute," Belle pecked his lips once more before rushing around the corner. Josiah simply stood still watching the girl run around the corner. He heard the boys whistle at the scene that just happened, and turned to face them with an eye roll.

Belle caught up to the Chinese girl. "Yen Sun!" Belle called out, running up to walk beside the girl.

"Oh, hello, Belle," Yen Sun replied with a timid smile. The two girls were very good friends, although they kept it a very good secret as their guardians would go mad at the fact, for Yen Sun's guardian was Mr Murphy. The two young women meet when Mr Murphy decided that it was a good day to harass Mr Tunstall on his property again, bringing his house entertainment with him. Belle pitied the girl for having to spend her days with the dreaded Mr Murphy, so she asked Yen if it were possible for them to spend time together in town, thankfully Yen agreed. They've been the best of friends ever since, even though they hardly see each other. "I don't it's wise for you to be in town in daylight, the Sheriff is looking for you and those men. He's been patrolling the streets every day in hopes to find some leads,"