The Altar {Daniel Ricciardo}

This is no request but it just popped into my head. This will probably be the only one shot that I'm writing that isn't a request, so please request as much as you want, because I won't write anything else. 😊

Daniel woke up in the hotel room he had rented for the wedding night. Despite his headache he couldn't be happier. He was marrying the love of his life, (Y/FN), today. His bachelor party the night before escalated a little bit. They had a lot to drink and partied the night away.

The club was full of Daniel's friends. Not only his old friends from Perth were there, considering the wedding was to take place in Perth, but also friends he met on his formula one journey, retired and present drivers were there and even Christian Horner was invited. Daniel was in one of his patterned button ups and had a beer in his hand while he looked around the room. Fernando and Carlos had a heated discussion in Spanish and Jenson just stood next to then laughing his Butt off, too intoxicated to realize what he was doing. The older guys were huddled together next to Daniel, a beer also in their hands. Michael, his trainer, turned to Daniel and had to shout in his ear so Daniel could understand his question. "Are you excited for the wedding? Last night of freedom for you, Mate!" Michael pushed Daniel's shoulder, both of them starting to laugh. "Of course I'm excited! I don't want to live my life without her. My freedom was gone as soon as we locked eyes."

A grin slid on Daniel's face as he remembered the first moment you met. The men continued talking until a completely hammered Max Verstappen made his way to the Aussies. "Let's do shots together!" Michael agreed, but Daniel hesitated. He had promised (Y/N) not to drink too much, because she knew how he was when he had a hangover. He over slept everything and not even a bomb that exploded next to him could wake him up.

"I think I'll pass. I promised (Y/N)-" "Forget about her for a moment. It's your bachelor party. You are supposed to have fun and not stand in a corner to think about your fiance all the time. It's not like you going to oversleep your own wedding day." Max was so sure and that made Daniel agree. A couple of shots wouldn't hurt anybody...

Daniel opened his eyes and was met with the sun shining brightly on his face. He frowned. How was the sun already so bright? It was supposed to be seven in the morning. He turned on his side to grab his phone but before he could do that a loud knock on the door sounded a shout following. "Oi Dan, wake up! You're late to your wedding. We over slept!" Daniel let his phone light up. 9.30. The ceremony was supposed to start at 9. His eyes widened and he jumped out of the bed opening the door to let Michael, his best man, come in. He probably had a lot of making up to do.

Meanwhile (Y/N) was at already at the church. She had woken up so happy and ready to marry the man of her dreams but now her mood completely turned. He had promised her to be on time. But there she sat, in a small room in the church, crying because her fiance hadn't shown up. The guests were still waiting as Joe assured them that Daniel was on his way while Grace stood in front of (Y/N) to calm her down. But neither Grace or her mother and maid of honor could calm the poor bride down.

The mascara was running down (Y/N)s cheeks and dropped on the beautiful wedding dress. It had been expensive, but she had saved a lot of money so she could buy it for herself. Daniel said he could pay for it but she complained wanting to buy the dress with her own money, seeing that he he payed for the rest of the wedding (he insisted).

(Y/N)'s father busted into the room. "Daniel is here." She nodded and stood up. The sadness now turned into slight anger as she made her way to the front of the church. Dan smiled as he saw his fiance while she continued strotting towards him. "I'm here now, doll. Let's get inside and get Marr-"  In the middle of his sentence a small hand collided harshly with his cheek. " You don't really think I still want to marry after the stunt you pulled?! You promised me you would be in time! I'm flying back home to get my things out of the apartment. And don't even dare to come after me trying to convince me otherwise. I really hope it was worth it."

Pulling off the engagement ring and putting it forcefully in his hand (Y/N) walked past him and got into her fathers car making her way to the hotel to collect her suitcase. That left Daniel in front of the church, not believing he just made the biggest mistake of his life.