Queen of the Underworld {Daniel Ricciardo}

Sorry for writing Daniel again but I just can't help it😅 I might turn this into a book when my Mafia Au book is finished. Hades and Zeus are not related in this story.

Daniel and (Y/N) were known as King and Queen of the Underworld. He was the God of the dead, she was the goddess of springtime, flowers and vegetation and the daughter of Zeus and Demeter.Everywhere (Y/N) went, flowers bloomed under her. She made the spring as beautiful as we know it now.

To protect her daughter from Hera, Zeus' wife, Demeter decided to flee to the earth where no one would find her. And it worked. At least to some extent.

The small goddess danced around in the garden of the cabin she and Demeter lived in, colorful flowers and fresh grass growing underneath her feet. She loved letting flowers bloom. Her dancing came to an halt when she saw a dead grass patch near the forrest. Her mother always told her not to go near the Forrest. But (Y/N) could make an exception for once. She let the dead flowers come back to life but as she looked up there was a small trail full of dead grass and flowers. Looking left and sight to see if someone was there, she followed the trail to bring back life to the plants. A pair of dark shoes got into her sight after following the trail for a while.

She looked up at the man that stood in front of her. A dark cloak was wrapped around his body and the suit he wore under it was completely black as well. One half of his face showed the structure of his bones while the other side showed a handsome man with glowing amber eyes and strong cheekbones that were covered in a scruff as dark as his black curls on his head. Her gaze wandered back down only to see that he was standing on dead plants. So he was the one who let all the flowers die.

She frowned up at him. "Why would you kill all my flowers! That's not nice!"  Daniel could only chuckle at the words of the goddess. "Don't you know who I am? I am the God of death and the king of the Underworld." (Y/N) titled her head in confusion. Everyone she knew had real names, not some weird titles.  "But that's not your name is it? My name  is  (Y/N)." She held out her hand and Daniel scrunched up his nose. Why would anyone want to touch him. He ignored the hand of the woman and looked at her face. "My name is Daniel. Not is any of your business. I have to go now. You can grow back the flowers now." And the fog swirled around him and when it cleared up, he was gone. He just left the patch of dead plants reminding the goddess that this encounter really happened.

The following years Daniel watched as the girl turned into a real woman. He was intrigued by the way she held herself and behaved herself. She still had so much fun in flowers and vegetation, it was admirable. He slowly, but surely started to fall in love with the goddess of spring.

He was so desperate, that he searched for his friend Zeus to help him. Zeus had many affairs and a wife so he had to know how women work. He wanted (Y/N) to fall in love with him too. He wanted her to come with him into the Underworld and rule with him. But Daniel and Zeus both knew that Demeter would never allow her daughter to fall in love with the God of death. So Zeus came up with the plan that Daniel should kidnap her and bring her to the Underworld. And would she eat something down there, she was forced to stay there forever, the love would come eventually.

And Daniel did exactly that. While she was out in the fields to help the corn grow, he let fog surround her and snatched her away with him to the Underworld and made her his wife and with that Queen of the Underworld.

She was unhappy in the cold Underworld. She never got out of her assigned room and refused to eat, knowing she would have to stay with the God of death to eternity. She missed her mother and her friends. At least she could grow flowers in the Underworld. And every soul passing the room would know (Y/N) was in there, seeing as the flowers grew so much they covered not only her room but the wall outside of her room as well.

Daniel stood in front of her door in silence. He never wanted her to be unhappy. He thought she would come to love him but that was nowhere in sight. He trusted Zeus advice but he seemed to have no idea how that worked. One of his men stood next him as Daniel ordered "Make sure she is at dinner every day so she isn't locked up in that room." Daniel turned around and made his way back to the throne room. Maybe this would lift her spirits a little.

When Demeter noticed her daughter was missing, she was livid. She swore to search for her daughter and would not let a single corn grow, until she was found. The harvest turned bad and the humans suffered from great hunger.

And while the humans turned unhappy, (Y/N) started to grow fond of the King of the Underworld. So much, that she even started to fall in love with him. As she sat with him on the huge dining table she thought about a way she could tell him that she wanted to stay with him and rule alongside him. She cleared her throat so he would look up at her. "Daniel.... I thought of this for a while and I have fallen in love with you. I made the decision to stay with you here. I don't want to go back to earth." The goddess picked at the pomegranate seeds on her plate. Daniel's eyes grew wide. "If you really want to I won't stop you. But I won't force you to eat something. Seeing you unhappy hurt me the most in my entire existence." You shook your head and swallowed the pomegranate seeds. He smiled at you, stood up and held out his hand for you to take. "Come on, doll. I will show you our room from now on."

When Zeus heard of Demeters plans he didn't think it would be anything serious. But after a couple of weeks he saw that his people were starving. Nothing was growing anymore. Not even a single corn. The lands seemed to have turned infertile. So he send Hermes, the messenger of the gods, into the Underworld to get (Y/N) back.

The goddess of spring was cuddling up to her wonderful husband as Hermes popped into the bedroom. Both of them immediately woke up and questioned Hermes for the reason of his visit. He explained to then that the worlds population would shrink because of the starvation and asked (Y/N) to return to the earth. Sadly, (Y/N) had to tell Hermes that she couldn't leave the Underworld and truly didn't want to. Hermes tried to console her with a suggestion wich she agreed to. She would come back to earth for half a year, to let all the plants grow so the humans could have something to eat over the course of the year. But on the other half of the year she would go back to the Underworld and be Daniel's wife and Queen.

After she kissed Daniel goodbye she went with Hermes to earth and stated the agreement to Demeter, who was happy that she had her daughter for at least half a year. So (Y/N) made all the plants grow again and spring arrived on earth that slowly turned into summer, while the king of the Underworld waited for his queen. And when Fall came around and the world grew colder (Y/N) returned to her beloved husband and stayed until it was time for spring again.