• Chapter 4 •

Grey

My eyes scanned the limited amount of clothes in my closet before grabbing one of my old leather jackets a white top and a pair of black jeans from my closet. To be honest I really didn't care what I wore to the stupid party. I just wanted to go have a few drinks and forget.

I slowly opened the door making sure not to make to much noise so that no one would know I was going anywhere. I did not want a group of whiny kids pestering me about where I was going. If my foster parents found out they wouldn't even care. That's the one thing I liked about them. I could get away with doing anything and they would still be taking drags out of their cigarettes.

I tiptoed downstairs then slowly opened the front door and rushed outside. The cold wind stung my face as I ran towards the garage. The sky was a mauve colour and it was the stage where the sun is setting and the moon is halfway visible in the sky. My gaze lingered on the beautiful sight before snapping back to reality.
Earlier today I had managed to pocket my foster father's car keys so I could drive to the party. If I didn't have those keys, by the time I reached the party it would already be over. I pressed the button to open the garage door and patiently waited as the rusted metal door slowly creaked open revealing an old wrecked red Toyota.

I opened the car door carefully trying not to break it off in the process. If you were thinking that I was way too strong that I might end up breaking the door you thought horribly wrong. The car is so old that one wrong move and you'll be looking at a pile of scrap metal. I turned on the ignition after a few tries, then slowly drove the car out of the garage. For the first few seconds of the drive, the car sputtered and stopped but after that it was fine.

I knew where the party was because we would always meet up at Dylan's house for last-minute practice before a game when the school wouldn't allow us to practice at our court. The drive there was a good half an hour so I tried to turn on the radio a few times but the only sounds that were heard were sparks and sputters of a random pop song. I rather drive with my own thoughts than drive hearing the sound of a dying rat.

I pulled my car over when I neared the big house. There wasn't much space to park near the house so I was forced to park a few blocks away. But even from there the faded sound of music and drunk teenagers could be heard. When I reached my destination I was greeted by the sight of beer cans scattered on the lawn of the large house. I pitied the one who would have to clean this mess.

I scrambled over to the front door trying to avoid as many cans as possible and knocked. I was greeted by a sweaty Dylan who looked like he was already wasted. He had a lopsided smile plastered on his face and he leaned on the door frame as if he would fall if he didn't have its support, which, he probably would.

"Come on in," he slurred, the smell of alcohol burning my nostrils. I send him my usual neutral look and brushed past him. I shoved my way through hordes of teenagers the loud music making my head pound. Bright strobe lights flashed before my eyes as I walked through. I was greeted by a few of my teammates but I didn't bother greeting them back. Most of them probably wouldn't even be able to remember their own names tomorrow.

After what seemed like hours of squeezing past sweaty teenagers I reached the drinks area. An assortment of different drinks were placed on the table. I didn't really care what goes inside my body I just wanted to forget. Forget everything. Just for one night. So I grabbed a random bottle of what looked like vodka and chugged it. The bitter taste stung my throat as I swallowed the toxic liquid. After I was done I placed the bottle back and walked through the crowd. That's when things started getting fuzzy. Everything was a blur and I could only make out random blobs of people as I dangerously swayed to the loud music. Next thing I knew I was dancing with a random girl with my hands wrapped around her waist. Her brown curly hair occasionally brushing my face, tickling my nose.

"I've heard so much about you," the girl whispered into my ear. "You're Grey Andrews, right? Star basketball player?"

"That would me be," I slurred, grinning. I lost my balance a little causing me to fall on her. She held me up and let out a giggle.

Soon my body gave up and I could feel bile rising up my throat. I gave the girl an awkward smile before running out of the room with one hand covering my mouth. Due to my bad luck, I ended up falling onto someone instead.

"Whoa, you okay?" The person asked holding me upright. I couldn't hold it in anymore and ended up throwing up all over the floor. Thankfully I had managed to get out of the house so I ended up puking in the front porch. Poor guy must have just arrived and had to witness me throwing up everywhere.

The person held me up with one hand and rubbed soothing circles on my back with the other. After I finished emptying my stomach I wiped my mouth with the sleeve of my jacket then placed both my hands on my knees as I took in deep breaths. I felt light-headed but turned around to thank whoever was helping not fall on my face. As soon as my eyes landed on the taller boy my mouth fell slightly agape. He was the only person I had met who was taller than be. I was around 6 foot 1 while this guy was probably 6 foot 3. The first thing I noticed was his platinum blond hair. I remembered seeing that hair colour somewhere but due to my hazy state, I couldn't pinpoint where I saw it. His messy hair fell over his forest green eyes which sparkled with amusement, his thin lips were pressed together as if he was deep in thought, he had tanned skin and was extremely fit. I had to admit I was jealous.

"Thanks," I said, trying to stand up by myself. But instead, I ended up falling on him for the second time today. "Oops," I giggled slightly.

"Where's your car?" he asked, plainly. His face remaining expressionless.

"Um, somewhere there," I muttered, lazily pointing to where my car was parked. "The wrecked Toyota,"

"The red one?" he asked and I simply nodded in response. Then he picked me up bridal style causing me to let out a surprised gasp. What the fuck? I didn't even know him and this?

"Could you carry me in a less emasculating way, Christ." I grumbled, narrowing my eyes at him.

He simply ignored my protests and continued walking towards the car. I struggled for a while but realised that there was no point. I scoffed but relaxed into his grasp. "Do you want me to drive you?"

"Sure," I mumbled, as he searched my pockets for the car keys. After he found them he unlocked the car and gently placed me in the passenger seat then fastened my seat-belt. He closed the door and walked over to the other side of the car and got in. He finally started the car after a few failed attempts to start the engine. He turned to me questioningly, before I realized he was asking where he should go. "Uh, I'll tell you where to go,"

***

We finally reached, after a few wrong turns due to my giddy state. I asked him to park inside the garage since I would be screwed if my foster parents found out I took their car.

"Thank you," I said, staring into his droopy green eyes. His face remained expressionless as he stared at me. I shrunk a little at his intense gaze. "How are you gonna get back home?"

"Cab," he replied simply as he walked away from me. His platinum blond hair messy and falling all over his face. A small smile crept its way on my face but I was sure to wipe it off. It had been a while since someone was willingly nice to me. Not because I was popular or because I was captain of the basketball team rather because this person was genuinely nice.

Hey, mystics!
Picture of Grey in the beginning! (Will or autumnasaboy)
Sorry for the short chapter but this is the first time Grey and Theo meet! Stupid Grey forgot to ask the mystery boys name.

Question: Do you think Grey will remember Theo the next day?

Thanks a lot for reading!
-Anya