• Chapter 15 •

Theo

"No, a turtle and a tortoise are not the same thing!" Paige said, taking a large sip out of her milkshake. I groaned, rolling my eyes as I turned to face Grey for some help.

"Don't look at me. I can barely tell the difference between an anteater and a raccoon," he said, raising his hands up in mock surrender. Autumn looked back and forth between me and Paige with a confused but, also intrigued look on her face.

"Literally no. A turtle is mainly found in water and a tortoise is mainly found on land." She said as if it was the most obvious thing ever. Obviously, I needed to come up with a snarky reply. It's not like I was going to allow her to win.

"You say mainly. So some turtles live on land too. So they're basically the same-"

"I swear to god Theo, if you try to argue with me about this I will rip out your throat through and stick it up your-"

"Okay guys, let's all chill," Autumn said, pushing both of us away from each other. "It doesn't matter. Now both of y'all hug it out." Paige scoffed looking away from me and I simply wrapped around my chest refusing to look in her direction as well. "Come on, guys. Don't make me force y'all."

Both of us groaned but gave each other hug nonetheless.

"Why do I feel like I'm watching a fucking kids reality show?" Grey asked, rolling his eyes at us. Shortly after he finished his sentence we all busted out laughing. It felt nice to let loose. Lately, I've been feeling so much better. Now I have absolutely no problem in talking to them or laughing with them. It's almost as if I'm not afraid to get hurt anymore. Maybe it's because I know they won't hurt me.

"Oh, did you guys hear about Landon's party tonight?" Autumn asked after we were done with our little laughing fit. I remember Landon excitedly talking about the alleged 'best party of the year' he was planning. Honestly, I wasn't surprised. Landon always seemed to be the type of guy who would boast about something that hasn't even happened yet.

All of us nodded, taking another slurp out of our milkshakes. We had just gone out since it was the weekend and got ourselves a little milkshake for making it through our first assessments.

"Should we all go?" Autumn asked, looking at us. "I mean, it's been a while since I've gone to a party and who knows it might be fun for all of to just let loose. And who knows maybe Theo and Grey might find themselves some cute girls," Both of us looked at each other turning a bright shade of crimson. I never really thought of dating anyone. I wonder if Grey had. Girls would probably die for him. "A little shy are you?"

"Yeah, probably because both of them still haven't even kissed someone in their life," Paige said, sticking out her tongue at me. Oh, that devil. She promised me she wouldn't tell anyone. Grey gave her the finger causing me to snicker.

"Can y'all just shut up," I said, stuffing my hands in my pockets. "Y'all just wait and watch. I'm gonna find someone so good looking, y'all are gonna be so jealous."

"Yeah, yeah," Paige said, dismissively waving her hand. "We'll see."

I huffed in response. How rude.

***

We decided to go to the party after all. Paige offered to pick us all up. Plus, she was the only person with the highest possibility amongst all of us who was probably going to stay sober throughout the party.

My eyes briefly scanned the clothes in my closet before I gave up. I pulled out the most basic white shirt and some black jeans Paige bought for me. Nothing special. I didn't even bother to brush my hair. I just quickly ran my fingers through it and ran downstairs.