Cycle One

(The story takes place after Cybertron has been restored and Unicorn defeated.) 

Ultra Magnus POV

I was on my morning patrol when I got a call from Ratchet.

"Ultra Magnus, Predaking's life single has been detected not far from you sir. I've just sent his coordinates, do you want me to send reinforcements?"

"Not yet doctor, I will report back if I need help."

"But sir"

"That's an order." I hung up my comlink. I wasn't mad at Ratchet, it was just that I had a score to settle with Predaking.

After a short drive, I arrived at what seemed like a cave. I turned on my lights and walked slowly inside. At first, it was just a regular cave but as I walked further inside I began to see old emergency equipment, and some empty energon cubes. Out of the corner of my optics I saw a faded light at the end of the tunnel, turned off my own and headed towards it. When I reached it, I saw what looked like could have been another base. There was a space bridge (definitely not operational), a surgery table with rusty medical equipment on it and three tables probably for a mess hall. I looked through the tables hopeful to find energon cubes when I heard something move behind me. I quickly turned around, in a fighting stance blasters ready when there I saw Predaking.

Predaking POV

It was the soldier and he didn't look happy to see me. I could understand why after what I had done to him. "Wait," I pleaded "I would like to request an audience with you."

"Why?" He responded harshly.

"Because what I have done to you was unfair and since I fought by your Autobots side during the battle against Unicron, I find it would be fit if we became allies."

He puts his blasters away but I can tell he's still tense and ready to fight.

I walk towards him and sit at the closest table.

UM POV

I hesitate at first but I sit across from Predaking. At first, we just sort of stare at each other.

"What type of allies are you proposing?" I ask to break the silence.

"I wish to offer my assistance to the autobots when absolutely needed."

"Why would we need your help anymore?" I question him. "The decepticons have already been defeated." I add on.

"Yes, but there may be other threats. Criminal cybertronians for example." Predaking responds.

Our discussions went on for what felt like hours, and as the time went by we both became more relaxed in each-others presence.

"I will have to draft some sort of contract when I return to my base to ensure this alliance."

"I agree, would you mind bringing it to me so we could review it."

"I will. Now if you'll excuse me your highness I need to return to the base now, there are only so many things I can remember. I can meet you back here in three cycles, that will give me enough time to draft, change patrol schedules and such."

"Agreed. I wish you safe travels."

I stand up and transform into my vehicle mode and start driving back to base feeling both relieved and infuriated. Yes, I was glad that we had a new possible ally but still angered by what he had done to me.

The drive back to the Nemesis was quite and I looked to my sides seeing the Sea of Rust. 

"What happened? Er sir." Ratchet asked.

"You can read it in my report." I respond as I walked to my private quarters.

I began to write a report and decided not to include Predaking. I don't want to risk endangering my team if this is all a trick. Shortly after I finish, I begin drafting a treaty until I fall into recharge. 

Predaking UV

When the soldier left I stayed in the abandoned base for a little bit then returned to Darksteel and Skylinx in an abandoned building far from the city.

"Did the autobot agree to the alliance?" Darksteel questioned while bowing.

"Yes, and we will be meeting again soon to discuss it more." I see a shadow on the ground and looked up to see Skylinx flying and preparing to land. When he does I question him, "Have you found any more energon cubes?" He bows, "No my king. How did the discussion with the autobot go?"

"Quite well but there is still more to discuss." I respond. Then I finally realized I never got his name. My thoughts were interrupted by Darksteel, "I think it would be wise if one of us accompanied you on your next visit. In case the autobots are planning an ambush."

"No, that would show a lack of trust destroying any possible alliance. And I can take care of them myself if needed." 

Sorry for the super short chapter. I'll try to make them longer and they'll get better :)