~3 Never the Same

~Adrien Agreste~

She was fine, at first.

It was all fine.

I didn't thnk she'd faint.

"MARINETTE!" I caught her, the worst running through my head.

I rang the doorbell to her house, her mother answering.

"Adrien! He- Marinette? Oh my gosh!" Sabine put her hands to her mouth, gesturing for me to come in. "What happened?!"

"Lila and Alya locked her in the bathroom at school, and-"

"Alya? Why would Alya do such a thing?"

I bowed my head. "They got into a fight. It's a big misunderstanding. Unreasonable, even. Marinette didn't do anything, it was Lila. But Lila can be very persuasive."

Sabine nodded. "I've heard about this girl before. But... why did Marinette pass out?"

"I- I don't know. She just... did. We were walking, and Marinette was still upset about all that's happened today. We had only just arrived here when- when she fainted."

Sabine sighed. "She must've passed out from too much stress. Thank you, Adrian. You're a good man. I'll make sure to tell Marinette what happened when she wakes up."

I nodded. "Any time, Mrs. Dupain-Cheng. Is it okay if I stop by tomorrow to pick her up?"

Sabine nodded. "Come early. Marinette tends to sleep in."

We laughed. "Thank you."

"Like I said, any time. I'll always be here for Marinette. Shes a good friend."

I could swear Sabine's eye twitched, but I shrugged it off as I walked back towards school.

I'm worried for Marinette. She's a tough girl, but... this is far too much for her. She's always had her friends by her side, so Lila, taking them away? It's as if her whole world... is gone. Marinette has done good things, and only good things. Sure, shes clumsy sometimes, but she stands strong against others when they hurt her friends. Shes kind, brave, noble, shy, sincere, honest, caring, fair, understanding, entusiastic, funny, articulate, and over all amazing. The way she helps others is... amazing. She's loved by many for her kindness. Many, including Chloe, admire her.  Why would someone want to take that from her? I have no idea. Marinette... she's something, all right.

That's when it hit me. That's when I realized.

I'm in love with Marinette.

But I'm to scared to admit it, even to myself.

Now I know why I tried so hard to cheer her up. Now I know why I feel so... weird when I'm around her. The same feeling I have when I'm around Ladybug. Why I felt so angry when Luka looked at her a certain way on the boat. When she kissed my cheek... I felt something new. Something I've only felt once before.

I heard a clap of thunder as it started raining, and I realized I had forgotten my umbrella. Because I gave it to Marinette all those years ago.

I blushed at the thought, running as fast as I could towards school.

Things will never be the same.

-0-0-0-

~Marinette Dupain-Cheng~

I groaned, my head still spinning.

"Adrien...?" I mumbled, sitting up and looking around.

Wait... I'm in my house.

"Your awake!" My mother clapped, hugging me. "Oh, I was so worried."

"Mom? Is Adrien here?" I asked.

"He left an hour ago, sweetie. He brought you here when you passed out. Oh my gosh, Marinette, why didn't you message us? We would've picked you up early."

I shivered. "Sorry, mom. I didn't think it was something I should bother you with. Besides, Adrien cheered me up."

"Yes, that young man sure is something. I can see why you like him,"

"Mother!"

"Sweetheart, why don't you go upstairs and rest? After what those girls did to you I'm sure you need a break."

I nodded. "Thank you, mom."

My mother smiled. "It's nothing. Oh! Adrien wanted me to tell you that he's coming to pick you up in the morning."

I froze. "W-What?"

"So make sure you don't sleep in late. Don't want Adrien to see you in your pajamas! Again!" She laughed.

I pouted, but went upstairs none-the-less. "I'll be in my room."

As soon as I shut my trap door, I broke down.

Tikki poked her head out of my bag. "Marinette? Are you okay?"

"No, Tikki. Everything... everyone... they all hate me. Because of something I didn't do."

"Not everyone, Marinette! Adrien is here! Rose and Juleka too!"

"She'll take them soon too. She takes everthing. Adrien will realize how much of a no one I am and end up in her grasp. I'll lose everyone because of her. Lila... shes too powerful. Shes worse then all the akumas I've ever fought. She's worse then Chloe. I'm another pawn in her game to her."

"Marinette, don't say that!"

"But it's true, Tikki. I'm clumsy, iggnorant, stubborn, stupid, and unloveable. All of those I love leave me. Alya, Nino... Adrien. He doesn't love me. No one does. I bet if I left... no one would care. Alya's right... I am a monster."

Far away, a window opened, a man smiling as I sulked.

Tikki bowed her head as I sat on my chase, my hands in my hair as more and more tears poured down my cheeks.

"...Marinette," Tikki floated over, smiling up at me. "Your a girl from the city of love, a city of mystery and high potential. You stand apart from others, and that's why Master Fu chose you. You love your duty as Ladybug, and those you choose to protect. Your parents are so proud of you, Marinette. But... so etimes the world seems against you. The journey leaves many scars, you know. But scars can heal. Those same scar can sometimes even reveal the best in you, wher eyou are in life. The people you love can change you. Things you learn along the adventure, Marinette, will guide you through life's twists and turns. Nothing can silence what's inside you, Marinette. Your heart urges for adventure, for a change. You want to see people happy, not miserable. So listen to that voice, Marinette! What is it telling you? And do you see what I see in you? Who you are?"

Tikki's words hit me like an avalanche. I stood, her sweet, round eyes filling me with something... new.

I stood, Tikki dragging me over to the mirror.

"Who... who am I?" I gasped, Tikki nodding. "I'm Marinette Dupain-Cheng. A normal girl, with a normal life... right? Well, you'd think so. I'm- I'm different then most. Because... because I'm strong. I'm brave. And I'm simply Marinette."

'All that is nessicary for the triumph of evil is that good people do nothing'.

"I don't have to break down and cry just because of a few lies. I can fix those lies by not doing anything.