CHAPTER 9

Their first destination was the Tengaki clan. 

Nestled beneath the Kurogami mountain, and the Tenshoo river, Tengaki clan was in no way lacking of resources or land. 

With the Kurogami Mountain serving as a border to the north of Ninetails, Tengaki clan could also be said to be the border-guard of the Ninetails clan. It had been that way since the time of Shirakashi. And generations later, even with the branch clan dividing power among themselves, that fact hadn't changed. 

They may disapprove of the current clan heirs, but that doesn't their loyalty to Shirakashi had changed. 

Inside the main house of the Tengaki clan, unaware of the ravenous hoard heading their way, the whole Tengaki clan had gathered and was in the midst of celebration. 

It was a joyous occasion to them all. Yagamimoto, the eldest son of the clan chief Shirotori, had successfully awakened his ancestral bloodline of Shirotokagi, the bloodline of the Great white Lizard. 

For the Tengaki clan, much like how Ninetails clan celebrated their offsprings forming their nine tails, forming even a fingernail amount of white divine blood in their meridians is a cause for celebration. 

This was because the first step of forming the white divine blood was the hardest, but after that, as you cultivate further and circulate the blood throughout your meridians, the divine blood becomes thicker and thicker, and it becomes easier to form. 

At over a few thousands years old, Shirotori didn't look a bit his age. 

With his black hair tied behind him in a long tail, and dressed in a black Yukata with silver spiral patterns at the edges, he cut a dashing figure. 

His knee length red Haori coat fanned out behind him like lake of flame. He could be considered handsome, and his yellow eyes with vertical pupils added an animalistic charm to his appearance. 

His wife, Amerin sat beside him, dressed in a blue furisode, embroidered with red Camilla flowers. Her red hair was piled up into a bun on top of her head and decorated with various head-jewelry, and her red eyes glinted with mirth at something her husband had said. 

They had been married for over a few hundred years, and their love was still fresh as if they had been married just yesterday and not a few hundred years prior. 

Their son, just over five years old, sat beside his mother, calmly ignoring his parents' obvious flirting. Around them, Shirotori's subordinates were drinking and making merry, completely oblivious to the approaching danger. 

In the corner of the room, sitting further away from the rowdy bunch, two men sat drinking sake calmly. 

The man on the left looked to be in his early thirties. His short black hair with blue highlights, amber eyes with vertical pupils that told of his Tengaki descent, and his chiseled featured gave him a pleasant and peaceful look, but anyone who knew him personally would know that his looks did not represent his violent, bloodthirsty nature. 

His name was Enrenra, a general that had been serving under Shirotokagihime for countless years and later he had sworn his loyalty to Shirakashi. But his first and foremost loyalty was to Shirotokagi, and by extension to Tengaki clan. 

His presence was both a comfort and a dampener for the Tengaki clan, and one of the reason why they hadn't outright rebelled against the Ninetails clan. It was no secret that the Shirotokagi-hime was in love with the dashing white fox, Shirakashi. 

This fact had been a constant headache for the Tengaki clan, as even during the days she was still alive, she seemed to love Shirkashi's children more than she did her own. So much so, that she had made her trustworthy and loyal general swear a bloodoath, that he would never raise his sword against Shirakashi's children.