Chapter-2b Eternal darkness

I sat on a couch which was placed in the middle of the lobby and glanced the surrounding, same off-white wall, many framed pictures. Then I looked out of the glass pane of the fancy sky-scraper I was sitting in. It was the 54th floor out of all the freaking 75 floors plus a big terrace which had a helipad. I realised how cool it would be to work in this tech-tower.

At the same time, I let a long sigh escape my mouth as it occured to my mind that how thin my chances were to get into this programme at all. I recalled my funny and odd and irresponsible interview, wondering if I could have done it any better?

"How bad can it be?"
A clear voice spoke to me, I swiftly turned to my left and saw the man, whom I saw coming out of the room a few minutes ago.

His auburn curls waved in gentle breeze, his shirt blue and stiff but hugged him in all right places.
He placed his elbows supporting on to his knees and bent forward cupping his chin.

Boy his biceps though! They appeared as if they were about to pop out of the blue cotton fabric, but didn't of course.

"You alright?" He asked again, his ocean blue eyes poured into my jet black ones, one of his brows was scrunched up smoothly.

I stiffened and cleared my throat, wondering at how badly I had embarrassed myself thrice already: once in the waiting hall,
next in the interview.
And yet again, once more, now.
"It's...uh..." I scanned my watch and said, "it's twelve noon!"

His other eye brow shot up to match the first one and he moved back sliding his hands on his khaki trousers, and smirked with some sarcastic manner which I probably didn't figure out why so?
Then again, a dimple on his left cheek made me even more dizzy. Well, it wasn't my fault, was it?

"Excuse me, did I say something wrong?"

Soon it dawned on me that I probably did. No. Definitely!

"Sorry, what did you ask?"

"Never mind!" He grinned shaking his head, and rings of his curls danced even more.

"No...please tell me!" I squeezed my eyes, as if the question he had asked was some sort of riddle that I had to and had to solve in order to save the dooming world.

"I just asked, how did it go?"
He smiled, like not smirk or anything, but he did really smile deepening his pretty little dimple even more.
But for some reason, it felt like I was in deja-vu. 'Cause, I had seen the same combination of icy-blue eyes and a solitary dimple somewhere, but I couldn't put my finger on to where, exactly.

"Ohh..that. That went quite bad, like really-really bad!" I agreed.
"How was yours?"

He just let out a small sigh and spoke. "Okay-ish, I suppose?" He squinted his eyes and shook his hand in a so-so manner and then went on to extend it towards me,
"I am Peter J Nolan, by the way."

"Oh, I am Leela Das, totally forgot that part!" I smiled. "Call me 'Lee'."

"Pete it is then," he said as he leaned back, tapping his fingers on his thighs and glanced around the lobby. There seemed nobody present other than the lady wearing a same tasteless uniform of some sort that I saw on the curly haired receptionist inside the waiting hall.

We sat there in silence for 'eternal' half an hour, as people who finished their part of interviews joined in with us.
Soon the lobby turned chaotic and the hustle bustle of the crowd and the heat almost made me breathless and dizzy.

Before I could pass out, the lady who interviewed us with sleek high pony tail came in as if on cue, cluttering her inches high stilettos and the room went silent for once in that entire two hours. Every one straightened their backs and those who stood in corners due to lack of space came in to join us near the couch.