Chapter-4a Ever heard of 'Thanks'?

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
--Albert Einstein.
____________________________________________________________________________

I settled on a reserved and the most "un-cool" seat of the school-bus, that was on the front lane. Kids from behind threw candy wrappers and frisbeed bottle caps onto my head.
"Guys, stop it!" I wailed turning around, they snorted and giggled, as usual. After a painstaking slow ride, finally, I hopped out of the bus and landed my shoes on to the tasteless asphalt of our pristin-Academy campus.

"That's so cool, Lee!"
Alita grinned when I told her that I was selected as one of the interns for Nova-Gen. I even told her about my encounters with Neon-blaze the other day. She gasped at the info and frowned her face in confusion, "Thats...Odd."

As we were walking down the hallway lost in our conversation, Alita made a horrendous mistake of running into the buffed guy- Faizer, who was some kind of alpha of the cool-dude-battalion or something.

And we knew the consequences looking into his chocolate brown face. He towered himself over Alita's face scaring the heck out of her. She gulped.

"Da heck evil witch? Can't you see, or d'ose white eyes blind, huh?"

She stuttered to say something, but she couldn't of course. I mean, she's a girl who was afraid of ants, let alone this mongrel. And I had had enough, I was called as 'Tomboy' sometimes and by sometimes, I mean all the time. So my last option was to stay quiet when someone picked on my Friend to bully.

"Someone seems to have anger issues, huh?" I Smirked, rolling up my imaginary sleeves and cocked my neck to get ready for the war that was about to begin. I stood facing his eyes, although he stood a whole head taller than me and I pulled Alita behind me, poor thing was shaking in fear.

"Seems like 'Granny-momma' wants a fight today, huh? " He crossed his huge arms, widening his legs apart and whispered into my ear only to create a lame horrific drama.
"Last warning, Get. Out. Of. My way Lee!"

Well, 'Granny momma' was in reference to my silver hair and he had me with that word.

"You get out of 'MY' way, you buff!"
I laid it flat on his face and smirked even more, meanwhile I repeatedly yanked my arm from the constant tug that I felt on my sleeves, which of course was by frantic Alita. But I had had enough of him bullying us around, calling us names and I wanted to end it.

He towered over me and had the audacity to touch and yank me out of his way. I felt the adrenaline rush through my veins. My fingers bent and curled up into tight fists.
'Hate you! I loathe you!' my thoughts chanted the same words over and over again. Until my tensed body pounced at him to smack him in the face.

But right then, somebody's hands pulled me away, pinning Faizer's chest to the wall behind,
"I got this Faiz. Dude! I got this!"

I vexed my eyes at Faiz, until he left the place cussing under his nose. My gaze finally flung towards the one who separated us. I jerked my arm from his grip, as it was the same pair of piercing green eyes. It was Nick.

"All okay?" He asked. I could see his chest widening and puffing up in pride, as if he saved my day. I hated to acknowledge him, but I nodded anyways, pulling my backpack straps farther up.

"Now, how many times have I told you, not to pick fight with guys, Lee?" Nick wailed, as he shifted his weight from one leg to another and crossed his arms. His green orbeez eyes were astonishingly soft and almost appeared worrisome. I kept staring, and staring at them, it suddenly felt like he was the old Nick that I always wanted him to be. But he was not, since he plucked his soft gaze away and furrowed his angry brows.