Chapter-3a And 'it' started

"I suppose that's one of the ironies of life is doing the wrong thing at the right moment." -Charlie Chaplin

Chapter- 3a "...And 'it' started"

I watched the facade of running trees and houses as the taxi sped along the streets of Pristin-town, a beautiful city where technology met nature, perfectly blending into one frame as a flawless painting.
I observed various motor boats floating down below the bridge that I was riding on. Distant horizon waved as a mirage, where blue waters of ocean met the white sky. A mid-day warm and salty breeze blew on my face as I rested my arms on the half opened window of taxi.

I revived every detail of my extraordinary day and memorised, not that it was super-special or super- odd or anything, just that I wanted to. No, a correction there; I had to tell everything to Alita. Not that I had a choice but she couldn't hesitate to eat me alive, if at all, I wouldn't.

I stepped out of the cab after I paid the driver his money.
There it was, my old little door of house-32. I let out a long sigh as I knocked on it, it didn't open.
I stuffed my hands into pockets of my blue jeans to search for the key, but by then it had creaked open.

I undid my blue jacket and hung it over the hanger behind the door, but neither did I see my evil aunt- Kiara Roy, nor did I see my devil cousin Barbie roy. No, I am not kidding, her name was literally inspired from the real 'Barbie dolls'.

I opened my room and slumped on the bed, its smooth covers were comforting and I felt at peace as I smelled the familiar fragrance of home.

But behind the back of my head, there were two questions that hammered, making it impossible for me to sleep.
First was that, the Neon-blaze never appeared in the daylight, but why did he today?
That, and secondly, why was he spying on me?
I shivered as I remembered his silhouette floating in mid air that I saw until my taxi left the premises of Nova-Gen.

My heart skipped a beat and then skyrocketed​, as I heard a familiar​voice screaming, "Boo!" from nowhere and then it continued into an unstoppable giggle.

"Barb! Stop it! Pease..." I yelled, as I bent down to notice her small cheerful face hiding underneath my bed, with two pigtails sticking out of her head as if they were devil's horns, which did actually make sense, considering her nuisances.

I yanked her out into the light. But for a naughty kid she always was, she squirted a jet of cold water from her pink gun.
Not only was her water gun pink, but her entire room was just pink and purple. Be it bed, covers, curtains, as far as the pooh-bear that she cuddled with was also custom made, in pink.

I gasped as the cold water ran down my face and then along my chest, soaking my white shirt and I had it enough. I jumped out onto the floor and chased her, but as tiny as she was, it was not difficult for her to hide efficiently either.

"Ok Barb, I give up!" I winced as my belly knotted after running for a while. I held my hips and bent down to take a breath. Her giggles grew louder as she appeared from a cupboard of the kitchen, not just any cupboard, but the one which was way up above my head. Yes, that was typical of Barb.

Nevertheless, I went and struggled to pull her out of the shelves and she always had to be adamant, so it was just as difficult as that of separating water from milk.

I sometimes dreaded the possibility of accidents that could happen with a naughty home-alone child. But the school van dropped her off the school every evening before I could even make it back to the house.
And as far as my aunt was concerned, well she never did much.

I cooked some pancakes for Barb to eat before she finished her homework, which again fell on my shoulders and that sometimes made me presume that I was her 'default-mother'.