Chapter -8b We need to talk.

The P.P.D escorted the metro train we were in with a convoy of choppers till we made it to the central station.

"Bye, Eddie," I turned around as soon as I set my foot to the redox pavement of the train station. Eddie grabbed my hand and looked at me, worrisome baggy eyes behind his glasses.

"We need to talk, Lee."

"Later, Mr. Eddie. I want to go home. Thanks for everything you did there."

"Now." He let go of my hand, "I insist."

I sighed and took a seat in the station lobby, many tired faces and droopy shoulders were leaving the train in which we arrived. The last wagon of the train was battered with broken windows and bent metal.

The woman with the chubby baby paused to look at us, she mouthed a thank you gesture before she left the place. I don't know about Eddie, but my chest puffed an inch wide in pride.

"Do you know whose is this?" Eddie took out a small leather journal from his inner coat and retrieved a flattened, dried canna flower from in between its pages.

I frowned. It had to be his. "Seriously?" I rolled my eyes, "It's your diary, Eddie​."

"Not the diary dumass, the flower, it's your mother's." He smiled examining it in every possible angle he could.

"That's bull." I crossed my arms looking away.

"It's not. She gave this to me on the day of her graduation from the Pristin academy." He glanced at me for a very brief moment before looking at the moving train. "She had your eyes Lee. Just as headstrong as you are."

I smiled lowering my hands into my lap, it felt warm to remember her at this kind of a situation. She would have been very proud of me today, I thought.

Ed cleared his throat. "Now, here's the deal. You'll do what you did there to the baby," he brought the flower in front and upclose to my eyes making my eyes go squint. "...to this flower. If you succeed, this flower is yours. Deal?"

It was a tempting offer. I would trade my soul and gladly accept the token of my mom's remembrance.
At the same time, I was trying to wrap my head around as to what did he mean by that 'baby thing'?
"Deal." I replied, "but what did I do to the baby?"

"Don't act dumb, Lee." Eddie scowled, "you know what you did there. You caught and lifted the baby without even touching it."

I chuckled nervously shaking my head, "yeah. Like I would believe it."

There was no reply from Mr. Eddie. When I checked on him, he was staring me blankly, anger seething from his eyes. "Okay." He averted his gaze and was readying to leave.

I remembered Neon blaze asking me something similar to that the other day, "Mr. Eddie." I hesitated, "I- I'll uh...try."

He placed the flower delicately over the journal on the seat and nodded, crossing his arms.

I clenched and unclenched my fingers, whooshed in a breath, "okay." I mumbled cocking my head.

Hovering my hands just a few inches away from the dried canna, I tried concentrating mentally and emotionally, snapping my eyes close.
"Abracadabra!" I opened one of my eyes to check on the progress, "see? I told you it's lame."

"Again."

"Eddie..." I lowered my shoulders giving up. Another train rushed with hyper speed in front of us threatening to blow the flower away.
I instantly shielded my hands around it and waited till the train passed by, when I looked back at it my jaw dropped to the ground.