Chapter Five

I'm hoping this is longer than some of the other chapters. Since it's her first day of school, I've decided to include everything that happens, although it'll take two chapters. =)

Enjoy my lovelies! 

------------------------------------

I've never really one to be asked about school-related advice. I grew up with the same people, had the same enemies, but right about now I was wishing I had some friendly advice for myself.

This morning, I woke up to the sound of feet clambering above me. Let me tell you that fifteen guys running around the house is a wee bit loud. So, I wasn't in the best of mood either.

Then I noticed Logan waiting by the enterance and sighed in relief. When he saw me weaving my way through the crowd of everyone who was looking at me like I was a new species, he smiled and I couldn't help but smile back at him.

He placed a hand on my back and let me through the door and into room marked "Office" in clear, blue and white lettering. I guess that answers my question about the school colors. A cheerfully dressed lady sitting at the desk in front of us greeted us. "Hello Logan! What can I do for you?" Okay, so she greeted Logan.

He smiled kindly at the woman and gestured towards me. "My new bubby here is new and needs her schedule."

That's when she decided to notice me. "Hello, dear! What's your name?"

"Emalie Jackobson." I replied back.

She handed me my schedule, which she wrote and highlighted my locker number on and we turned to walk out the door before something caught my attention.

Next to the door were about twenty collages with graduation dates underneath them. That's not what caught my attention though; it was my blue eyes on the last collage.

The caption above two of the collages' graduation dates were two names, "Kayla Newmon" and "Leslie White". More specifically, my mother and grandmother's names.

Everyone in everyone of the collages were dressed in some sort of sport uniform. Even guys were in football uniforms and track suits with their teams.

"What's this for?" I asked, pointing to the two collages of my family.

"That's our school's longest running legacy." Logan replied.

I turned to look at him with wide eyes. I was part of a legacy? How could I live up to that? Oh. My. Gosh. I think I may start hyperventilating.

"A legacy?" I squeaked, not being able to find enough oxygen in the air.

He noticed my trouble breathing and grabbed my shoulder, bending over slightly to meet my eyes. "Breath, Em, breath."

I took a deep breath and nodded, this time not having much of a problem.

"Are you okay, Em?" he asked, concern lacing in his tone.

"That's my family." I whispered, fearing someone would over-hear me.

His eyes widened. "You're part of the legacy? Are you sure?"

I narrowed my eyes, slightly peeved at his tone. "Yeah, I am part of this stupid legacy. You got a problem with that?"

He shook his head, an easy smile appearing across his face. "That's great, Em! We've been hoping you'd come back."

My eyed widened with realization that I'd inevitably become the "it" girl or something. "You can't tell anyone!" I managed to whisper-yell.

Confusion crossed across his features. "Why?"