Chapter Nine

I'm on chapter nine already? Dang. I think that's a record. Nine chapters in a month. Cool! =)

Remember, this is in the Watty Awards!

-----------------------------------------------

I walked up to the football field with my gym bag in hand and a water bottle in the other. I wasn't sure how my teammates would react to me being their captain, since I'm nearly possitive someone else wanted the position, but hopefully they showed mercy.

 I walked to the middle of the field where I noticed everyone seemed to be and placed my things on the ground, rising to meet my teammates. I stuck out my hand.
"I'm Emaile, but you can call me Em."
The girl next to me grasped my hand, "I'm Valerie, nice to meet you." she said cheerfully.
We both retracted our arms and everyone went on to introduce themselves.

Nina was a tall, Hispanic girl with spunk.
Joe was a tan, lanky freshman who seemed nice enough.
Sarah was the shy, withdrawn one.
Ruby was a pale and short sophmore who was always cheerful.
Dawn was a bubbly bottle of ringing ears.
Jay was the type that seemed like he should be a jock.

The last one to introduce themselves was a blonde haired, blue eyed girl that seemed like she should be a cheerleader instead.
"I'm Christina. Just leave me alone, don't talk to me and we'll be fine." Her voice seemed too high-pitch for a human being's vocal cords. I'm guessing she was the one girl who was going to get the captain position had I not given my little speech.

Coach Dublin walked up behind me and smiled at everyone. "Hello guys! It's good to see some old faces this year. Are you ready to start?"

------------------------------------------------------------

As I jogged home, my legs were begging for a rest, but I continued on. The feeling of tired legs was familiar to me, and I was happy to welcome the feeling back into my life. I guess you could say I missed it. It was the feeling of a good workout. And it also meant I would sleep like a log, which was also a good thing.

As soon as I walked through the door, I collapsed on the couch, not caring that I sat on any jocks or punched someone in the face. My legs hurt.
"Well hello there," Logan muttered through my hair.
"I am not moving." I grumbled.
He laughed, "I wasn't asking you to. I was simply greeting you."
"Then hello to you too." I say as I move my head to the side and rest it on his shoulder. "So. Tired." I mumble, closing my eyes.
"So," Logan says cheerfully. "When are we going to go for the speed?"
I want to glare at him, but I can't bring myself to open my eyes.
My vocal cords couldn't doing anything higher right now, so I whispered quietly. "Tomorrow,"

When I woke up, I was in my bed, curled under the comforters into a ball like usual. I seem to think this is a strange way to sleep, but honestly, it's really comftorable.
I wasn't sure who put me in my bed, nor when but all I knew is that I was hungry.

I walked upstairs to the kitchen, hoping Dad made his way to the store and didn't watch NCIS all day. Yes, we share the same favorite TV show. It's our "father-daughter bonding" time, not like we need it anymore with him and I being the only people in the family now.

I opened the cabinet and grabbed the first thing I found, which is inevitably the un-healthiest, the Quaker Chocolate covered granola bars. I think this classifies as a midnight snack. At least, that shall be my answer if Dad catches me.
"Emalie?"
I just jinxed myself, didn't I?

I sighed, hiding the evidence beind my back as I turned around to face Dad, who was rubbinng his eyes sleepily. "You can go back to bed, Dad. I'm fine."
He ignored my suggestion to leave. "What are you doing down here?" he asked me, moving forwards.
"I was hungry," I mumbled.
He smiled at me, the sleep still  noticeable on his face. "You found the chocolate granola bars?"
I laughed lightly. "Yeah, I guess I did."
He held out his hand and I stared at it, really not wanting to give up the chocolately goodness. He laughed at my expression. "Hand me one."
A sigh of relief left my lips, knowing I could still eat the delicious chocolate.
I took the box out from behind me and passed him one, tearing the wrapper on mine. I took a bite and sighed in content. Ah, I've missed chocolate. I haven't had it in...two days, give or take. That's a lifetime in chocolate world, you know.
"Can you buy some Hershey's?" I asked hopefully, finishing my granola bar and missing the taste of chocolate.
He nodded. "Sure, but you have to make sure to clean the kitchen when you get home from school."
I scowled. I hate cleaning. But...there was chocolate involved. "Fine." I said crossing my arms. "But only for the chocolate."
He laughed. "I love you, Pumpkin."
I smiled at him and gave him a hug. "I love you too, Daddy."

I walked down to my room and plopped down on my bed, nearly falling asleep before I pulled the covers on. Then I noticed movemet in the corner of my eye. I pulled myself up and screamed.
A spider, the child of Satan, was on my pillow.
I did the only thing a girl could do-- I yelled for my daddy.
"Daddy!" I shrieked. "Kill the spider!" Then I scampered off the bed and ran to my desk chair, putting my feet up as I stared in horror at the thing on my pillow.

Then I heard laughing. My inital thought was, "What the heck?"  The laughing was followed by footsteps coming down the stairs.
I turned my head to see Drew smirking like he was king of the entire universe and Logan barely containing his laughter. But right now, all I wanted was the devil child killed.
"Kill it!" I shrieked.
Drew was laughing the whole time he took my pillow off of the bed and smashed the spider, killing it for good.
"You idiots! Why in the world would you put Satan's child on my pillow?!" and so began the yelling. I finally stopped when I noticed Drew put a hand up. "What?" I asked irritably.
"Revenge is sweet." was all he said before he and Logan left my room.
I grumbled, "Sadist."

---------------------------------------------------
Well, Drew got his revenge. 
Oh, and by the way, the whole spider on my pillow thing has actually
happend to me. *shivers*

Comment Challange:
What kind of revenge can you come up with?

A Look Into: Chaper Ten:
This time, training really will start. And there's more on Christina.