Chapter Sixteen

• Dedicated to all my awesome fans!

This is like the shortest chapter I think I've ever written, but it's purely romance. Yeah for romance! =)
Read the Author's Note at the bottom; super-
duper
important!
-----------------------------------
I met Drew at the football field. This seemed to be our special meeting spot, since everything about our relationship seemed to occur here.

He was laying down with his body on the ground when I crept up on him.
I'm a ninja. No, a spy. Yeah, I'm like Jane Bond or something. Oh yeah, go Em!
"It's not nice to sneak up on people, you know." I jumped, his thoughts brought me out of my self-praising.
I stomped my foot childishly. "Seriously? I was completely quite the whole gosh darn time!"
He propped his head up and pivoted it to look at me. He was smiling and chuckling as he looked at my disappointed face. "Why do you want to sneak up on me so bad?" he asked.
I smiled, his smile alone bringing me out of my annoyance. "I want to be able to gloat constantly." I replied honestly.
He chuckled again, his deep, masculine voice sending pleasant shivers down my spine. "Only you, Em. Only you."
My smile remained on my face as I layed down beside him.
"I know you were praising your 'awesome ninja skills' too."
My jaw dropped. How did he know that?
"You're easy to read." he explained, obviously noticing my flabbergasted face.
He wrapped an arm around my waist and I leaned into him.
"You know," he says. "These are the moments that film directors would love to catch on film."
I smiled, but I was really nervous. "I bet you're right. Ready to make it even more movie ready?" I asked.
He laughed, "How?"
I tilted my head up and captured his lips in a kiss. It was just a small kiss and I pulled back quickly. "Like that." I replied, willing myself not to stutter on this next moment.

I'd been thinking about how to tell him all afternoon. I ran through dozens of scenarios; good and bad, but figured I'd just go with the flow, that way it wasn't a completely planned moment.
And now seemed like that perfect time.
He grinned like an idiot and looked down on me. His face then got serious and he cupped my cheek in his large, calloused hand gently. "Emalie?" he asked.
"Yes?" I replied, slightly annoyed at the way he ended the perfect moment, but also confused at why he did.
"I love you."
Those three words. The three words that I wanted to say to time, and he beat me to it. At least I knew he felt the felt the same way though, and he took care of all my nervousness.
"I love you, too, Drew."
He kissed me firmly. "This is defiantly a scene from a movie."
I laughed. "A book, at least."
--------------------------------------
Yeah, this is just fluff. And a small amount at that.
I am completely disappointed in myself. *hangs head* I'm sorry for the length....again. I think I'm just impatient about finishing it finally and being able to tell you the awesome news that I've been
dying to tell you forever now. Okay, slight exaggeration, but whatever. It feels like forever.

The Important Bit:
I will be on vacation for a week starting this Friday, so you'll have to wait for the epilogue for a week or so. No promises that it'll be exactly a week, but it'll be close.

The Video:
Apparently my bestie's friend (remember her from the dedication on chapter fifteen?) is cousins with the singer, and when me and her talked on the phone tonight, she recommended me listening to him. Turns out, this song is nearly perfect for this moment and the moment with the first kiss. Ya know, other than the "Seventeen and dumb." and the "Find the words that'll break my heart," part, but that's besides the point. Anyways, Tyler Barham with Seventeen and Young everybody!
Click on the "External Link" below the story cover to go to one of his covers, which also goes with this story. =)

The Dedication:
To all my crazy wonderful fans. You know who you are. =)

Comment Challenge:
What do you think will happen during the epilogue?

A Look Into: The Epilogue:
Ha, I just asked you what you thought would happen. Did you really think I'd give it away? Not. You'll just have the wait the agonising week-ish wait. =) I'm so evil.

Comment!

Fan!
Vote!

By the way, you fans are completely awesome!
~Emiaa