Two

The next day, Jae got up earlier that usual for work, quickly dressing and making sure he had everything. He had nothing else that was needed to be moved, so he wrote a note for his parents saying they could take the van to his apartment.

Hopping into the family car, he drove to the small coffee shop. He must've been a little early since the closed sign hasn't been changed, but he did notice Baekhyun's car in its spot. He pulled up next to it, smiling, not being able to wait to tell him the good news.

Jae parked and got out, locking the car and going through the employee only door. He set his phone in his back pocket and keys in the little locker Baek got him. The boy clocked in and tied his apron around his waist, his eyes open looking for the adorable owner.

"Baek, you here?" he called out. Not long after did he hear footsteps coming from the stairs.

The shop may be small, but it was still big enough to have an upstairs lounge area and office for employees only. Which really only meant Jaehyun Baekhyun and sometimes Chanyeol.

Chanyeol worked part time, using his non work hours writing songs and coming up with choreography for the two to preform at small talent shows. Jae had never actually seen the two dance, but he was sure they were beautiful.

Jae was never a dancer. He found his love in singing, whether it be his own songs or his favorite artists. Any time he knew a song on the radio, he would be singing along. Rarely was he ever not singing.

"Hey! Sorry had to go through some stuff. I'm opening shop in an hour to give us time to chat and wake up," Baek greeted. A friendly smile played on Jae's lips. He sat down at the counter and sorted out what he wanted to say in his head.

"So I'm moving," he blurted. Baekhyun halted and looked over at him, giving him a questioning look.

"My grandparents have to move in and my parents said we can't all fit so they bought me an apartment not too far from here. And don't worry I'm not leaving, I promise. And I'm gonna start going to the high school down the street. I'm so excited! Maybe I'll make some new friends," Jae explained. Baek laughed and sat across from the younger, passing him up mug of steaming coffee and a donut. The boy gladly excepted, quickly sinking his teeth into the sugary goodness.

"I'm happy for you! Now you'll be able to learn the struggles of being a grown up earlier than usual, with you only being sixteen. Maybe after we close up you can bring me over and j can help you unpack and decorate. How's that sound?" Jae nodded vigorously.

"Of course! I went there yesterday to check it out and it's pretty spacious. It has a master bedroom with a king sized bed and a giant bathroom. My parents are so nice. I have a ton if money saved in my account so maybe I'll be able to buy a cheap car or something." Jae leaned his chin on his palm, staring into space, thinking about his new home and life.

For the next hour the two boys talked and laughed, making plans to go to the nearest K-pop store to buy posters and to unpack. But all too soon was it time to unlock the front door and change the closed sign to open. They had a pretty steady flow of costumers throughout the day, not getting too busy but not really being able to talk casually between orders.

Taeyong woke up with a major headache. Groaning, he rolled out of bed and stumbled to his bathroom, taking some medicine and going to the kitchen. Mark was already there eating a bowl of cereal. He smiled at his hyung as he sat down next to him.

"Morning hyung. Are you ok?" Mark asked. Taeyong crossed his arms on the table and laid his head down, closing his eyes.

"Yeah I just have a bad headache. I reeaally don't want to go to school today. Just wanna sleep," Taeyong mumbled in his arms. Mark giggled and rubbed his brother's back.

"You've been sleeping all weekend! And don't you have a math test today?"

Taeyong groaned againand leaned back in his seat. "Ugh. I do. Fuck math and it's torture." (A/n yes I fast forwarded to Monday. Lmao I got lazy 😂)

The two boys finished getting ready for school and got into Taeyong's car. With Taeyong being a junior and Mark being a freshman they both went to the same high school.

Once they got there, Mark took off when he saw his friends and crush. He knew that he should probably tell Taeyong that he's gay, but he didn't want to ruin their close relationship. He knew his brother was straight. Dick was not his thing. He was down when it came to pussy and tits, something the younger boy was never interested in.

Taeyong smiled as he watched his brother run up to his friends. Mark was his favorite freshman and person in his life, aside from his parents and Yuta. No girl he fucked could ever replace the love he had for Mark.

The first person to greet him when he walked in was Yuta. The boys did a little handshake and went upstairs to their homeroom. They shared small talk all the way to the room until they walked in. Being a little early, they tossed their bags in their chairs and sat on the desks, chatting. Then, a lost looking boy shyly walked in.

"Um, is this Mr. Kim's class?" the boy asked. Taeyong nodded, hopping down from this desk.

"Yep. Are you new?"

"Y-yeah. I'm Jung Jaehyun. I just transferred. Do you have this class too?"

"Cool! And yeah. I'm Lee Taeyong and this is my friend Nakamoto Yuta. It's nice to meet you Jaehyun," Taeyong greeted the boy. He smiled, dimples embedding themselves in the boy's cheeks. Something in Taeyong's heart swelled, and his stomach fluttered. Confused, he pushed the weird feelings away and waved the boy over.

"How about you sit next to us? We'll help you around. With this being our homeroom, everyone in this class stays together all day. Our first period is our free period. Then we go to math, English, and science. We come back here for role call then to lunch. After lunch we come back and head off to the choir room for singing. Then last we go to the dance room. Each month we have a dance competition against another school. Most of the time we win. After dance we come back here and hang out till the bell rings. Pretty boring if you ask me," Taeyong explained. Jaehyun was now sitting at the desk next to him, listening carefully to each word the boy was saying. He was happy to have made a friend on the first day.

Suddenly the bell rang and people started flowing in. Taeyong inwardly groaned as Taeyeon walked through the door, looking for the boy and smiling when she did. She took a seat behind him and messed with his hair.

"Hey Tae. Last night was fun we should do it again," she whispered in the boys ear. He shook her hands off and turned in his seat.

"No. I'm sorry Taeyeon, but I don't like you. Please leave me alone," Taeyong stated firmly. The girl frowned and got up, stomping off across the room and sitting next to her friends. Sighing, Taeyong turned around and slumped in his chair. Thank god Jaehyun didn't hear that. I don't want him thinking bad of me, Taeyong thought.

The rest of the day flew by with Taeyong, and Yuta helping Jaehyun around the school when needed. At one point Taeyong got jealous when Jaehyun met a boy in their class named Sicheng. But he shrugged that feeling off. His mind was set on the dance he's been practicing for the monthly school dance off that's in two weeks. He had something big planned and needed it to be perfect.

••••

Heyyyyyyyyyy how is everyone? I feel like a terrible writer bc I keep making new fics and i haven't even finished ONE. Lmao rip I'll try my best to complete one soon 😊

Salanghaeyo~

Kelly 💖