Chapter 6 ["Unhealthy"]

(A/N):
Despite their outward appearance, their past friendship hadn't been..

Normal.

————
{Three Years Ago- Caldera Middle School}

"Why did you yell at her? She was.. She was being nice..!-"

"She wasn't!" Kacchan yelled, snapping at Izuku. "She was being all touchy!

She was trying to take you away from me!"

———

If you asked Izuku if "Kacchan" was nice, he would smile sheepishly. He would nod, albeit hesitantly, arm going up to scratch the back of his head.

You would then see finger prints around his wrists, shaped into bruises, like someone had dragged him away with a tight grip and decorated his skin with blacks and blues. If you'd ask about them, he would say it was Kacchan.

"But why do you hang around him then?"- you would ask, because why would he stay with someone so rough? So prideful and blinded by their own strength?

"He's just really protective," Izuku would explain, running his fingers on the injuries. He looked thoughtful, but a smile would make it's way onto his face.

(Something about it made you feel..

Wrong.)

"He doesn't like me talking with other people.. S-So he pulls me away."

————

"Kacchan! Please.. S-stop!"

Izuku wailed, arms wrapped around the blond's waist, bile rising from his throat because ohgodhewasgonnathrowup-

"This is none of your business, Deku!" The raw anger and malice made his voice scratchy, coated with rage, and Izuku had to save him. He had to oh god he had to because he can't do anything without Kacchan-

Katsuki let out a roar of frustration, red eyes zeroing into the mangled body in front of them- his fists covered his blood, flaking away and dripping down his knuckles. His pants were harsh and ragged, knees threatening to buck because Izuku kept his hold on his waist, the pathetic cries left him unfazed.

The man in front of them had collapsed, face up with blood dripping from the sides of his mouth, front teeth missing. His body lay in a muck, a mixture of garbage water and sewer, coming from the canals in the dark alley way.

Katsuki was wild, like a rabid dog, teeth bared and ready to kill.

How dare the man?

He tried to take Deku. He tried to take him from him.

(Without Deku, he knows he won't survive. He has to be by his side, no matter what, and no one could get between them. No one.)

Izuku wasn't letting go.

His thin arms squeezed, increasingly taking Katsuki's breath away. It was hard to breathe now, but Bakugou fought like an animal- no use, because he had spent his energy brawling with a man twice as tall as him.

(It was his first real victory.

He had protected Izuku.)

Exhaustion made itself clear when he slumped in Izuku's arms, knees buckling from the heavy weight, and the smell of rotten foods and blood almost made him heave. With his vision fuzzy, he blindly reached out to paw at Izuku, nails raking onto soft skin, reading angry red welts.