Chapter 18 [Smile]

————

After Aizawa left them outside to wallow, the boys stayed on the ground, right in front of the dorms- half of Izuku's body on the grass and the other half on the rocky pathway.

Katsuki was sprawled out, uncomfortably squished beside him. It was hot and they were practically burning up- and yet..

"I hate you." Izuku sniffles.

"Die." Katsuki replies, still looking at the sky. Fucking.. shitty sun, shitty fucking heat, shitty Deku.

The sweat and blood made Izuku's skin sticky, making the boy groan and attempt to pull away, but a hand catches his wrist.

".. Izuku."

Deku feels his heart climb up his throat.

"I-"

"I um, wanna take a bath first. Is that okay..?" All the confidence he had in socking Katsuki in the face was gone now, replaced by a shy, spluttering Izuku.

Katsuki sighs heavily.

"Fine."

"Oh, Kacchan-"

"-but if you try to hide from me, I'm gonna break your fucking door down."

—————

Maybe things were changing for the better.

Izuku smiles to himself as he washes the blood off his body.

————

"Recovery Girl ain't gonna help me. Can you do it Deku?"

Izuku nods, placing the crooked bridge of Katsuki's nods between his thumb and pointer finger while the latter busies himself with biting down on a clean rag.

"Count of three. One, two-"

Izuku snaps the bone back in place, making Katsuki sharply exhale, voice muffled by the rag between his teeth, biting down harshly.

"Three."

"Fuck." Katsuki says when the rag rolls out his mouth. ".. Thanks."

"Mhm," Izuku hums noncommittally, legs swinging before he falls back, limbs sprawled on the small bed he has. Katsuki joins him, surprisingly, rubbing at the black and blues that decorated his body.

".. We need help."

Midoriya pauses. "Yeah," he speaks softly. "We do."

"Fuck. I'm fucked up- you're fucked up-"

"I still wanna be with Kacchan-"

"I'll hurt you Deku." Katsuki says, voice quivering, hushed, but his emotions echoed loudly in the room.

".. You don't know that."

"I already did. Fucked your wrist up. Lashed out on you. I fuckin' mean it. And I.." he swallows harshly. "And I know that I'll do it again."

Izuku turns to look at him, seeing Katsuki glaring harshly at the ceiling, face crumpled up as if he was trying to stop himself from crying.

"Kacchan..-"

"Deku. Look- I'm.." his eye twitches as if it was hard for him to say this. "I'm gonna get some fuckin' help. Counselor, therapist- fuckin' whatever, aight?"

"But-"

"-and when I do, promise me you'll get some help too."

And oh, Kacchan was doing this for him-