𝟎𝟏

-

Chan felt like his head was going to explode; nothing felt right. Every part of his body felt tingly and sore. When he tried to open his eyes, nothing happened. Chan felt nervous now. He couldn't feel anything. 

Chan panicked. He thrashed, and spun, and screamed, but nothing happened. He didn't move. He didn't make a sound. He couldn't. 

But suddenly,  he heard.. something, though fuzzy at first, he could still make it out

"Hi... I'm Jeongin. You seemed lonely, laying there all by yourself, so I thought I'd come talk to you. I guess you might be wondering'Who is this person and why is he talking to me? ' I guess- Well I mean if you actually hear this. Your nurse, Iseul sshi, says that when people are in a coma, they can sometimes hear people talking to them and no one seemed to want to talk to you..."  

The boy's voice was soothing to Chan, and the panic within his soul was fading, but as the boy paused, the cold grip began to wash over him again.

"Oh! You have no clue who I am. Yep, you must be sorta freaked out. I mean, you talk to strangers all the time, but you don't really talk to them while you're in a coma. Well, I guess you can't talk - Oh god I didn't mean that in that way! Anyways, moving on from that... I'm 17 years old, and I'm doing a week-long nursing program here! You only got here late last night, so I didn't see you then. But here I am!"  The boy known as Jeongin laughed for a moment, then abruptly stopped. Chan didn't want him to stop. It was good to hear someone laugh. He hadn't heard that in months.

"It says your name is Bang Chan? Yeah, and you're 21. I'll call you Chan Hyung if that's good with you." Chan couldn't respond, so the silence was like being hit with a bat in the stomach.

"Okay, Chan Hyung it is! I gotta go now since Iseul sshi has to move on to her next patient. It says you haven't had any visitors yet, so I'll stop by later! Bye Chan Hyung-- Yes I'm coming! -- Bye!"  Chan heard Jeongin's receding footsteps, and couldn't help but feel determined. Thoughts whirled through his unconscious mind like a tornado as he drifted off into a dreamless sleep.

-