𝟎𝟒

-

The fuzziness of the painful memory was thrown away as Chan was brought to his semi-conscious form, where he heard Jeongin talking to him again.

"Ugh! I wish you were awake right now because my friend needs some relationship advice! It's not Hyunjin, though he constantly needs dating help. Anyways, his name is Felix. He's a year older than me, but that's not the point of this. Okay, so he was riding his skateboard around, and then this dog like gets in the way of him and he runs over it's leg? And he broke it. And so now this guy is furious about it and made him pay the medical bill."

"But then, I have another friend named Changbin and he was petsitting for Hyunjin's dog, and then some weird red-head that has some 'accent' comes and runs over Hyunjin's dog's leg. And it's broken now. I'm pretty sure It's the same story, but now Felix is sorta trying to go over to Changbin's house to apologize for running of his dog's leg but it's not his dog so it's really awkward."

 "It's really, really weird, Chan hyung. You seem like one to be good in a relationship. I've never really dated anyone myself, but I think I'll find someone eventually!" Chan was surprised at how much energy the 17-year old had, but also confused about his situation. The sound of just his voice made him want to smile.

"Anyways, you got relocated onto another floor because you were stable enough or something, so now Iseul sshi isn't your nurse anymore. I'll still visit you, though. I brought you another flower. It's the same type, another white rose to match your hair! So now you have two!" Jeongin giggled. A loud ringing noise made Chan's ear's hurt, so he was grateful when Jeongin made it stop.

"Hyunjin! Hi. Uh- yeah, I'm with Chan hyung right now. What do you mean it's weird to call him Chan hyung? Gosh, Hyunjin. You're so mean sometimes." The boy paused, making Chan curious as to what was happening.

"Ugh, but I don't want to buy you ice cream! - Yes, I know that I lost the staring contest. And yes, I know that staring contest standards make the loser buy the winner ice cream. Yes! I get it!" The complaint was followed by a playful groan. There was another pause, probably someone else talking that Chan couldn't hear.

"No! No way! I don't like him! I've known him for less than two days! And he's in a coma!" Chan was on full alert at the mention of the word 'coma'.

"Fine. I'll take a selfie with Chan hyung so I don't have to buy you ice cream. And I'll send it to you. This is weird! What if I get in trouble for taking a selfie with him? What if I get a fine? Is that illegal?! Hyunjin google it!"  

"No way! That's against the rules? I'll just buy you ice cream. Better than getting kicked out of the hospital for taking a picture of Chan hyung. Okay, mhmm, byeeee!"  The younger boy sighed loudly. 

"Chan hyung, Hyunjin is an odd person. Sorry about that, he called me." Chan didn't hear any footsteps, so he assumed Jeongin was still there in the room with him after there was silence for a minute or two. He felt Jeongin's hand brush against his own again, then another touch on his forehead.

"I have to go buy Hyunjin some ice cream now because I lost that staring contest. I'll be back tomorrow!" He once again heard the retreating footsteps and was content.

-