𝟎𝟔

-

"Some people have no empathy. I pity them."  Chan was unsure of what had happened previously, but he couldn't ask.

"It's day three of you being in a coma, and day four of my shadowing program. I brought another flower to match your hair! Now you have three!" Jeongin paused, trying to think of something to say.

"I'm sorry..." 

"I'm sorry, Chan hyung."  Chan could hear Jeongin trying to control his breathing. He heard the  sobs that wracked through the younger's chest. 

"I'm sorry about not being here all the time- I'm sorry. I'm sorry for intruding on you, I'm sorry for being so weird about talking to you..." He hiccuped through his words before the semi-quiet sobbing continued.

"You just looked so lonely, laying there on the bed and looking as pale as a ghost. I just wanted to make you feel better."

"I don't even know why I'm crying..." Jeongin laughed for a moment, before taking multiple deep breathes.

"It's just, no one seems to care about someone's else feelings that much unless they know them. It's awful. Can't other people realize what pain is? And how others go through it? God- he's a hospital worker, he should know better. I shouldn't have been so rude to him either."

"I just really want you to get better. I wish everyone could get better. I wish no one was sick. I wish no one could hurt. I wish life was all rainbows and kittens." Jeongin sniffled, before finding Chan's hand.

"Why am I so attached to you? I know nothing about you, except your medical information I guess. But, I want to get to know you, really well." Jeongin stops for a minute, before whispering quietly into his ear,

"Hey. Please wake up. For me, for everyone, okay?"

-