°

he loved to draw. he truly had a gift. everyday he'd sit out on his back porch every morning at dawn drawing, painting, coloring. you name it; he'll draw it.

just a few feet out into his beautiful backyard and garden sat a bridge great for nature walks. he'd often walk along that bridge, notepad or canvas in hand.

daniel was a very easy going, laid back guy. he was a positive light to his friends, radiating chill, yet sunny vibes at all times. his best friends couldn't remember a time he had been sad; it's been too long.

around daniel's large home were many canvases hung up on the wall. bright colors spilling over the white piece in gorgeous images of waves, nature, or sunrises.

his favorite art piece of all strung on the wall in the living room just across from the one he had drawn of his friends at his eighteenth birthday party. it was an extremely large canvas, almost taking up the entire wall.

the piece of artwork had taken daniel three months to complete, working on it everyday for hours on end.

the canvas had shown a glorious painting of cherry blossom trees with a scenic background beyond. a large wooden bridge, much like the one in his backyard finished the background, pulling it all together.

daniel smiled in rememberance of the day he had started painting it. it had laid on his porch floor as he set up. he turned on his record player, playing soft music in the background as he thought. finally, he thought of corbyn; his very best friend.

corbyn had been telling daniel the day before all about a date he had once taken his girlfriend on. there was an open field, cherry blossom trees everywhere. the sight was breathtaking.

daniel took that inspiration and made it his own, his paint brush dancing on the once blank canvas freely.

satisfactory filled daniel's mind as he began roaming his house once again; soemthing he had found calming when he was bored. he made his way back to the counter where he had placed his phone, picking it up and calling his friend.

"hey, dani. what's up?" corbyn's voice filled daniel's ears as he spoke. a sense of happiness flowing freely through him.

"hey. nothing much, i'm just bored." a smiled danced upon daniel's lips.

"i can come over if you want. that is, if it's okay with you."

"that's great. we can walk down to the beach and watch the surfers for a little bit. jack and zach will be there i'm sure." daniel let out a small chuckle, waiting for corbyn's response.

"i'll see you soon, seavey. i'll make sure to bring a canvas for you. i'm sure you'll want to draw the hot surfers." corbyn's laugh filled the air as he joked.

"yeah right. i'll see you soon." daniel ended the phone call, walking back out to his porch. he rested his arms on the railing as he looked out, just seeing the shoreline over the trees of the nature walk.

he sighed deeply in thought. he had been living the best life he had ever had in the last few months. his days of being tired and sad were gone. he was now under the sun where he belonged.