°

both daniel and corbyn watched in admiration as jonah took his turn on the waves. bright smiles were planted on their faces, not being able to say anything from concentration.

finally, the competition was over, jonah easily winning first place in his division. daniel stood up as he and the others under the tent waited for jonah to come back.

there he was, a gold medal wrapped around his neck, a trophy and his board enclosed in his hands. his dark brown hair seemingly darker from the salty ocean water. his wet suit seemed to glisten under the sun.

"congratulations, jo! you did well!" jack congratulated, giving the boy a high five, zach following suite.

after the moment of congratulating, daniel stepped up. "you did amazing, jonah." he spoke timidly, mentally face palming himself for being so shy.

"thanks daniel. did you ever paint or whatever?" jonah's eyebrows furrowed in confusion as he glanced at the empty canvas laying on the sand.

"oh, i guess i was too caught up in the competition." daniel's cheeks flushed, a small smile making his way to his face as he traced his eyes to the ground beneath him.

jonah chuckled, walking over to the rest of the guys who had made their way to the shoreline. "you coming?" jonah stopped walking, turning his head to look back.

daniel laughed quietly before making his way over to jonah. the two made their way to their friends. corbyn and jack has been trying to throw zach into the water. much to the seventeen year old's dismay, his whole body had then become soaked in the salty water.

"give him a break, guys." daniel held back his laugh as he helped zach out of the water. "have a little fun, seavey." corbyn sassed.

"oh shut up, besson." daniel playfully stuck his tongue out at the blond. "don't make me push you in." corbyn laughed as he launched at daniel. the brunet lost his balance, sending both boys into the ocean. laughing, corbyn, who had landed on top of daniel helped him up.

"now i'm all wet." daniel pouted, his bottom lip sticking out playfully. corbyn smiled at him, wrapping a towel around the freezing boy before standing next to jack.

"gee, if i didn't know you were straight, i'd think you're dating daniel." zach spoke, receiving a playful hit from daniel.

"oh please, we're best friends. besides, i have a beautiful girlfriend." corbyn smiled at the thought, the others cooing quickly at the blond.

"and who's the lucky guy for you, daniel?" jack's friend, ross has asked, lightly shaking daniel's shoulder.

"nobody." daniel's cheeks flushed once again. "oh come on, get out to the club or something and look for someone."

"i don't want just anyone." he spoke lowly, almost at a whisper. "huh?" jonah's voice sounded through the air. "he doesn't want to just hook up with someone. he wants someone who will actually love and care for him—" corbyn was cut off by daniel who had landed a hit on the boy's shoulder.

"what?! it's true. don't try to deny all those nights i came over just to hear you go on and on—"

"just shut up." daniel spoke softly. he couldn't stop the smile from forming on his face. of course that was true, but it's not like he was ever going to say that to a bunch of people. he thought he wouldn't need to. that's what everyone looks for, right?

"i mean, who wouldn't want someone to do that?" jonah spoke, almost as if he could read daniel's mind. "okay, but the kid hasn't had a boyfriend in years. years!" jack exclaimed.

"who said he has even had one?" corbyn's voice spoke, somewhat regretting it soon after.

"you've said too much. now i know not to tell you anything." daniel spoke, sending a glare to corbyn. "cute glare. but who do you expect to tell things to?" corbyn joked, knowing very well that daniel couldn't trust anyone else nearly as much as he trusted corbyn.

"you've got me there." daniel laughed.

the group of friends stayed out on the shoreline for hours, talking without end. that was, until jonah felt a drop of rain atop his head. this led to everyone rushing to grab their things and hiding under the tent.

"i didn't drive here, how am i supposed to get home?" jack asked, gabbie cuddling into his side for warmth, the rain pouring down harder.

"we can just go to my house."