°

it was now two days later and daniel still remembered the small moments with jonah in the kitchen. his heart skipped a beat whenever he thought about them.

here he was lying wide awake at four in the morning. he had tried everything he could. he played music, played games, attempted to force himself to sleep; nothing.

finally, he has had enough. he reached over to his dresser and picked up his phone. he sent a quick text to corbyn telling him to come over. knowing that corbyn would come over no matter what, daniel walked downstairs to wait.

not even ten minutes later, corbyn walked through his front door without knocking, locking it afterwards. "hey daniel, what's up?" his face contorted in confusion. of course, this wasn't the first time this has happened, but it was always something different.

"i don't know..." daniel stood up, walking up the stairs and pack into his room. he sat criss cross against his headboard, corbyn sitting in front of him.

"why don't you know?" corbyn asked. daniel took in the emotions on his best friend's face. he was tired, without a doubt. his hair had also been messy.

"well... i do know. i guess." daniel's eyes wandered around his room that had been taken over by the darkness. "then what is it, dani?" corbyn pushed.

"i— um. jonah." he stuttered. "jonah? how?" corbyn had been confused at this point. "he uh kind of almost kissed me the other day? wait— not really." daniel rushed out.

"really?!" corbyn squealed before speaking once again. "what do you mean almost?" "we stared into eachother's eyes." daniel smiled as he remembered the exact moment.

he remembered how flustered he had been. he remembered how his heart skipped a beat. "that's so cute! how did it make you feel?"

"cared for, i guess? i don't know." daniel picked at the string of his sweatpants as he waited for corbyn's response. "did you get all flustered?" daniel nodded sheepishly.

"aw, daniel. you like jonah!" corbyn smiled at daniel, who's wes went wide. "i do?" corbyn nodded. "i mean, i'm not complaining." daniel smiled as corbyn chuckled.

"what if he doesn't like me back?" corbyn shook his head. "no, don't think like that. he wouldn't stare into your eyes if he didn't like you!"

"i guess you're right." the room had now been filled with a small, yet comfortable silence. after just a few minutes, the two boys were now falling asleep.

daniel had now felt at ease, all thanks to corbyn's talk. corbyn always helped him. daniel was beyond grateful for him and couldn't live with himself if he wasn't. he was the only thing holding him up.