°

corbyn found a cleared spot in the sand as he set down the canvas carefully, as he did not want any sand to interrupt daniel's painting.

daniel then sat down next to corbyn, his paint and paint brushes in hand. he sat there, chin upon his hand as he was engulfed in his thoughts. he sighed in frustration, running his hands through his hair.

"dani, you don't have to paint now, we can do something else and maybe you'll get some inspiration." corbyn smiled as he stood up, holding his hand out for the brunet.

the two began walking towards the many tents that covered the beach. corbyn led daniel to a large navy blue one where their friends would be.

"you made it!" zach exclaimed as he saw the two males join the rest under the tent. daniel's eyes gazed into jonah's for just a second, letting his eyes trail.

to daniel, jonah looked incredibly good. his hair had been fluffed up, a bright smile placed on his face, and his eyes loving. "hey daniel." jonah cut daniel's thoughts.

"hey, jonah." daniel's voice was soft. he was without a doubt a shy person. he only talked when he needed, never being the first to start the conversation. sensing this, jonah took over.

"are you ready to watch the competition?" he asked. "of course. i'm kind of sad that i didn't sign up, but there's always another time." daniel smiled sweetly, looking into jonah's eyes.

the two had been stuck in the moment for what seemed like forever. suddenly, a husky voice from a man located on the lifeguard chair sounded on the beach. "attention, may all competitors please make their way to the shoreline." the man spoke deeply.

"maybe if i wasn't busy catching these waves, i could be catching you once you fall for me." jonah winked one last time before running to his board and walking briskly to the shoreline.

"oh come on, that wasn't even a good line. how are you so flustered?" corbyn's voice sounded through daniel's ears as the blond sat next to him, patting his back.

"oh shut up." daniel chuckled with a small shake of his head. he brought his hand up to his lips, lightly picking at them; a nervous habit he had picked up on a few years ago.

his eyes wandered the beach; thinking. something he had way too much time to do. his thoughts consumed him, not paying attention to anything going on in reality.

"snap out of it, dani. jonah's about to go."