Chapter 11: Show time

((Picture above made by Rosyan on DeviantArt))

((No-one's P.O.V| Amity Colosseum))

The crowd cheers as Ruby Rose walks down a flight of stairs, looking for an empty seat. She finds one and sits down in it. She then starts to think about earlier. She was frantically trying to get a hold of her brother.

((Earlier in Team RWBY's dorm))

"Oh, come on. Pick up, pick up, pick up" Ruby says frantically while walking back and forth. She was holding her scroll, trying to get a hold of her brother. Yang sat down on the left lower bunk, pondering to herself. A ding could be heard from Ruby's scroll as she put's it up to her ear. "What?" (Y/N)'s voice asks from the phone. His voice sounded dead, like it wasn't even a person talking to Ruby. "(Y/N)! Is Mercury okay? A-are you okay?!" Ruby asks. "Mercury is... not doing so good right now" (Y/N) reply's. "Well, could you ask him what he saw when Yang punched him?" Ruby asks. "No can do. He's taking a rest right now. We're almost at Haven now. So I'm going to half to let you go" (Y/N) says. His voice could be heard in the room, although a little muffled. Yang got up and took the scroll from her little sister. "(Y/N), I saw Mercury attack me I swear. And then I saw a young you and-" before Yang could finish, (Y/N) spoke up. "I don't believe you Yang. Due to... past experience, I don't see a reason to trust you anymore. Goodbye" (Y/N) said before hanging up. Yang sighs before giving Ruby her scroll back. "Don't worry Yang. We'll get him back again. We'll get our big brother back!" Ruby in courage's. "No" Yang reply's. "No?" Ruby asks back, confused. "You heard him Ruby. He doesn't trust me anymore. Why would he? I made his childhood a dump, none of us couldn't see that he was family. I don't know what Dad's reasoning was to neglect him. But I was jealous. Jealous that he got to know my Mom before I did" Yang says to Ruby, a small tear coming down her left cheek. "Yang..." Ruby says worried. Yang takes a deep breath, then exhales. "No. Your right. We will get him back!" Yang says the most enthusiastically she could. Ruby smiles, "Well I should go. I want to go to the colosseum and see what fight's are going on" Ruby says walking to the entrance of their dorm. "See you, sis" she says closing the door.

((Cuts back to present time))

Ruby looks around the giant colosseum before spotting someone familiar. It was Emerald. "Emerald's here? I thought (Y/N) said that him and his teammates went back to Haven?" Ruby says to herself. Emerald narrows her eye's and examines the colosseum floor. Ruby looks around before standing up and walking away from her seat. She runs into the hall entrance to get into the stands, she looks to her right to see a red door with a yellow sign on it. The sign had a black hammer and wrench on it. Ruby caustically looks around checking if anyone was watching her. She opens the red door and enters the maintenance area of the colosseum, the red door shutting behind her. She speed walks down the empty hall, looking back and forth worried if anyone would catch her. "Alright, it is now time to begin the randomization process for our next fight!" Oobleck's muffled voice announces. The sound of The randomization wheel that appeared on the four big monitors started spinning. Just then, ruby stops hearing some footsteps coming from ahead of her. Mercury walks thru an exit to Ruby's right, stopping aways in front of her. "Mercury?" Ruby says confused. "It looks like our first contender is..." Port dramatically says as the ding of the randomization process can be heard. "Penny Polendina from Atlas!" Port finishs. "What are you doing?" Ruby asks looking back down towards Mercury. "And her opponent will be..." Mercury looks to his left, listing to Port. "Pyrrha Nikos from Beacon!" Port exclaims. Mercury looks back at Ruby with an evil smirk. Ruby looks down, thinking. She then looks up with a shocked expression on her face. "No" Ruby says horrified while shaking her head. "Oooh, polarity vs metal. That could be bad" Mercury says while doing a sarcastic thinking pose, then pointing at Ruby. Mercury gains a relaxed position as Ruby gose to grab her scythe. It not being there.