Chapter 3

Word Count: 1031

It had been a little less than a week since me and Laura had went on our little 'camping trip'.  Now she was with her family out in Texas and wouldn't be back until New Year's Day. Even though I loved Laura like a sister I was also glad to be alone.

Spending all of your time with someone can be a little stressful at times. Especially since Laura was a very extroverted and outgoing person. I on the other hand was introverted and enjoyed spending most of my time alone. It wasn't that I didn't enjoy others people company. It just stressed me out to be around a lot of people for a long period of time.

I had been lounging around the decently sized two bedroom apartment me and Laura worked together to afford. Currently I was lying on the couch watching TV. But the show that was on did nothing to capture my attention.

Sighing I got up off of the couch and went to my room. Digging through the drawer on my nightstand I pulled out the small slip of paper. I had been racking my brain about it non stop. It wasn't that I actually believed the crazy old lady, I was just curious.

Flipping the paper over I saw that there was now a phone number written on the back. It was in the same golden ink and the same calligraphy style. 863-379-6753. Pulling up the keypad on my phone I realized that the number spelled out 'Underworld'.

Deciding that I had nothing better to do with my time I got ready. Throwing on warm clothes and blow drying my hair I thought of how stupid I felt doing this. I knew there wasn't going to be anything, I haven't even checked to see if the address was real. So I Googled it.

The address was real. It turned out it was the address to a small local library. Because where else would an ancient prophecy be located.

Grabbing my car keys I check on my dog Celeste. Celeste was a big Samoyed and my whole entire world. Deciding I didn't want to leave her alone at the apartment I grabbed leash. Plus the library had a pet friendly sign.

She got excited when she saw the leash in her hands and started wagging her tail, knocking a picture frame off of a table in the hallway. I picked it up and put it back on the table not bothering to see if Celeste had done any damage. Even though I wouldn't care if she had. She was to cute and I loved her to much to get mad at her.

"Come on Celeste, we're going for a walk," I said as I slipped the leash in to her collar.

The drive to the library was short. But it seemed to take forever because Celeste couldn't decide whether she wanted to sit in the passenger seat or the back seat. On the bright side though, at least she wasn't trying to sit on my lap like she did when she was a puppy.

When we pulled up to the library I realized it was bigger than I had originally thought that it was. However there was only a few cars parked there so at least it wasn't crowded. Even if it was I would've had Celeste there with me to make me feel better about it. I don't know what I would do without my big fluffy girl.

Celeste got excited when we parked, even though she had no clue where we were. She started chasing her tail in the passenger seat as I opened the door.

"Are you excited to get out of the house baby," I asked her, laughing softly.

As soon as I opened the doors to the library the smell of ink and paper flooded over me. It was comforting really. Celeste wagged her tail as the few people in the library started saying aw. She was an attention hog now.

Regardless she kept walking with me as I walked around the library. I pulled the slip of paper out of the pocket of my jeans. Something deep down inside of me just told me it was the right thing to do.

Sure enough everything on the card was different now. On one side there was a combination of numbers and letters. The other side had words printed out in a language I couldn't read.

Not being the best at locating books based off of their shelf number, I went up to the librarian sitting up at the front desk. She was an older lady but not quite old. Her hair was dark brown and streaked with strands of grey. She had a book in her hands and glasses perched upon her nose. She looked up at me as I approached a smile on her face.

Even though her hair was streaked with grey her face still had a youthful complexion to it. Although she did have crows feet at the corners of her dark brown eyes. She looked motherly and sweet as she smiled at me.

"Can I help you dear," her voice was soft and kind as she spoke to me.

"Um, yes actually, I'm looking for this," I bit my lip as I handed her the slip of paper.

She flipped the card over and looked at the wording before flipping it back over. Handing it back to me she smiled.

"I'm afraid what your looking for isn't on display here at the moment. However if you wish you can help me look in the back. It's up to you dear."

"I can help you look in the back."

"Are you sure dear. It may take a little while and I wouldn't want to waste your time," she stood up as she said it.

"Oh no, I'm in no hurry at all ma'am," I tucked a strand of my curly blonde hair behind me nervously.

Apparently this thing actually existed. It wasn't open to the public. I felt sick.

"Alright dear if your really sure," she said picking up a small set of keys, "follow me."

A/N: So I'm going to be honest with y'all. This is bit of a filler chapter and I know it's kind of boring. But trust me the next chapter is going to be better. Also here's what a Samoyed looks like

The entire time I was writing this my crested gecko was jumping around and being a derp

The entire time I was writing this my crested gecko was jumping around and being a derp. So me being the lizard mom I am had to watch him and so this chapter took me forever to write. Anyway here's a pic I took of him being a derp.