Chapter 8

Word Count: 1059

"I think she's seen enough of the Underworld for now Persephone," Thanatos said as he grabbed my hand.

Persephone just glared at him and rolled her eyes. "She's going to be living here, don't you think she deserves to know everything she can about the Underworld. This isn't exactly a safe place you know," she crossed her arms in front of her. Not appreciating Thanatos' actions very much.

Thanatos didn't really have anything to say to that. Instead he let out a sound that I could only describe as some sort of growl. His crimson eyes held a calm sense of anger.

"I think I at least deserve to know what it is," I chimed in, although it had taken me awhile to find the courage to do so. It wasn't easy to do anything when standing between to angry Greek gods.

Thanatos gaze snapped to me. He finally let go of my hand and I felt relieved. His grip had been pretty tight. "It's the fields of eternal torment. That's all you need to know. Don't think about it, don't look at it, and definitely don't try to get to it."

His voice was firm. Earlier it had a mischievous and playful tone to it. Now all signs of that had been gone. Along with the relaxed demeanor and joyous glint in his eyes. He seemed like a completely different person.

I simply nodded. The way he described the place I didn't have any intention to try and find out more about it.

"She deserves to know more than that. Besides you can't just keep her locked up in one tiny space just so you can protect her. It would be cruel and unfair." Persephone definitely wasn't pleased with the way he was acting. But at the moment I didn't like the way that either of them were acting.

"It's fine really I don't need to know any more, I'm not interested. Although what I am interested in is food, it's been awhile since I've eaten," I told the both of them hoping that it would stop their arguing.

Thanatos seemed to relax after I said that. Persephone just shrugged, obviously upset that she hadn't won their petty argument on something that I didn't even care that much about in the first place.

Thanatos grabbed my hand with his and intertwined our fingers. He was a lot more gentle this time than when he had grabbed my wrist earlier. And although he didn't say anything about it and neither did I he gently rubbed the spot on my wrist. It was like an unspoken apology.

"Come on love, let's go get you something to eat," he gave my hand a small tug to get me moving. I gave a quick glance back at Persephone to make sure she was okay. She gave me a soft motherly smile, "Go get something to eat. We can talk later on, I'll be around."

I smiled back at her before finally following Thanatos, Celeste right behind me. "So what do you want to eat," Thanatos looked down at me.

"Oh, I'll eat whatever, it really doesn't matter to me. Plus I don't even know what time it is-" Thanatos cut off my rambling. " It's 9:30 pm, kitchen will cook up whatever you want it's their job, your not gonna disturb or inconvenience anyone, and I have a feeling that your a picky eater so your lying."

"How could I be lying if you don't know?" But he was right. I was a picky eater, always have been, always will be.

He just smirked at me and suddenly tugged me. Tucking me up against his side. His arm wrapped around me and his hand rested on my hip. He was warm and his embrace was comforting. Maybe being down here wasn't as bad as I first thought it would.

____________

The kitchen was a very calm and empty part of the Underworld. Although I suppose all of the Underworld that belonged to the gods who lived here was pretty empty. It made me wonder if Thanatos ever felt lonely. At least Hades and Persephone had each other.

I didn't entertain that thought for to long though. There were a lot of other gods and goddesses that Thanatos could spend his time with. There was also a surplus of magical and immortal creatures. And who knows, maybe he didn't want their company. He could've enjoyed being alone.

It couldn't be a good thing for me though if Thanatos liked being alone. The sole purpose of me being here was for him to fall in love with me. If he didn't enjoy the company of others who knows what would become of me once he decided he no longer wanted me around.

"Ryan are you even listening to me," I only heard him because I zoned back in when we abruptly stopped walking.

"What?"

He smiled slightly and we began walking once more. "I'm going to take that as a no. I said Persephone and Hades will probably be joining us for dinner." He looked down at me, his eyes slightly narrowed. "Are you alright, you seemed pretty out of it there for a minute," his voice was filled with concern.

"Oh, yeah, I'm fine. I was just thinking," I told him honestly. "How far away are we from the kitchen?"

"Actually since Persephone and Hades will be joining us we're actually headed to the dining hall."

I nodded. I must've not heard him say that when I zoned out. Hopefully we would be there soon though, my feet were beginning to hurt from all the walking I had been doing today. I can't even remember the last time I actually sat down was.

As if he could read my mind Thanatos picked me up, carrying me bridal style through the hall. "I'm sorry, I'm sure your exhausted by this point. We've been dragging you around all day as if your an immortal."

"Oh no, I don't really mind. Also, you don't have to carry me, I can walk on my own just fine." I would never admit to him that I enjoyed him carrying me. Especially since my feet were hurting.

"Nonsense. I can carry you just fine as well."

That was the last thing that was said between us before everything went black.

A/N:

I know that this chapter is kind of short and I'm sorry about that. I've been really caught up with school work lately and ya girls gotta keep those grades and that GPA up.

Hopefully I'll have another chapter up by this weekend but with the way things are looking that's probably not going to end up happening. So if updates are a little out of whack for a little while just know that I have 3 projects, 2 papers, and 4 tests and all of them are happening within this week.

Anyway I love you guys and I'll see you all in the next chapter. And as always let me know what y'all think.