Chapter 9

Word Count: 1094

I could feel my heart pounding in my chest. I had always been terrified of the dark. Thanatos seemed to know that as he wrapped both of his arms around me. I just clung to him, afraid that if I let go he would disappear and that I would be left all alone.

Thanatos shifted me around to where he was holding me with one of his arms. With a loud snap the light around us returned. My heart skipped a beat and I shouted in fear.

Right in front of me stood a man with black hair and deep purple eyes. One of his hands reached out to me but Thanatos quickly slapped it away and pushed the man back. I realized that he had wings that looked just like Thanatos'.

"What do you want Hypnos," Thanatos growled out at his brother. He wrapped both of his arms around me once more and pulled me up against him. It was obvious the two didn't get along very well.

"What? I'm not allowed to stop by and see my brother?" He held his hands up, faking innocence. "You never told me you found a little mortal girlfriend. She's pretty to, would you be willing to share?"

"Leave," Thanatos told him. Grabbing my wrist he pulled me past Hypnos. However, Hypnos quickly thrust his hand in the gap between me and Thanatos. Then he pulled me by my waist up against him.

"So what's your name little mortal?" He rubbed my cheek and brushed a strand of my blond hair behind my ear.

The next thing I knew there was a knife at Hypnos' throat and I was being pulled by my hand away from him.

Persephone wrapped me up in a hug and began looking me up and down like mother worried about her child. "Are you okay? He didn't hurt you did he? I swear to the gods if he did he's gonna wish he was able to die."

Hades pressed the knife up against Hypnos throat and muttered something that I couldn't hear from where I was standing. But Hypnos went pale before he quickly nodded his head. Then in a blink of an eye he was gone.

"Is she okay love?" Hades looked over to me and Persephone. She nodded and let go of me. "Yeah, she's fine." She almost sounded out of breath.

It was obvious that even though I had only been here for a day that Persephone deeply cared about me. Maybe she didn't get a lot of interaction with people who either weren't her husband or dead. I was grateful that she cared about me. It was obvious her and I were going to be close to one another, and I couldn't be happier about that.

"Are you alright my love?" Thanatos placed his hand on my shoulder gently.

Persephone's face immediately turned cold. "You," she yelled, pointing a finger at his chest, "are supposed to be protecting her!"

"And I was. I could've handled the situation just fine without you and Hades showing up." Thanatos voice was cold and cruel.

"You call that protecting her? She could've died because of him, Thanatos. She isn't an immortal Greek god like we are. She's a human, a mortal. It wouldn't matter is she was the strongest mortal ever! She can't kill a god, she wouldn't even be able to defend herself from one."

"Hypnos wouldn't actually of hurt her Persephone. You know everything he does is just to bother me. There's no way he would've done anything to her, he was just trying to get to me," he sounded like he was trying to convince himself about that as well.

"Thanatos I get that he's your brother but that doesn't change the fact that he's-"

"That's enough!" Hades voice was firm, not allowing any room for arguing. "None of this yelling is going to change what happened. What's important is that Ryan is fine and Hypnos is gone. For now let's get Ryan something to eat I'm sure she's starving. Like Persephone said she is still a mortal."

The way they talked about me like I wasn't even there made me uncomfortable. Plus the shouting match going on between the two gods closest to me made me nervous.

I felt lightheaded and sick. But food was the last thing on my mind at the moment. "Actually," my voice sounded small, even to myself, "I'm not really hungry anymore-"

"Nonsense," Persephone's voice was gentle again. "You need to at least try and eat something."

She grabbed my hand and began walking with me. Behind us I could hear Hades telling Thanatos to follow him. I glanced back at him and our eyes met. I gave him a soft smile, and he turned and walked away, following Hades.

__________

Persephone and I had had dinner together, just the two of us. I had expected for Hades and Thanatos to join us, but they never did. Now I was sitting in Thanatos' room. Alone.

The walls were a light gray and the bed covers were made of black silk. There was a fireplace and two chairs on the left side of the room. On the right was a dresser and two doors.

I didn't know what was behind either of the two doors. Not wanting to snoop around I had went straight to the bed and laid in top of the covers. The more I thought about it though the more I wanted to go sit in one of the chairs by the fireplace. Thanatos hadn't invited me in to his room, I shouldn't be laying on his bed.

Persephone had led me here after we ate. She said that Thanatos had wanted me to stay in his room with him. But with what had happened earlier I don't know if that was true anymore.

Eventually I got tired of laying down. So I stood up and went over to where the two doors were. Opening the first one revealed that it was a huge and luxurious bathroom. There was a huge shower and a large claw foot bath tub. The floor and the walls were all made out of the same charcoal grey tile.

Deciding that I needed to shower anyways and that Thanatos wouldn't mind I decided to take a hot bath. I needed to relax after the long eventful day. Celeste followed me into the bathroom and laid down beside the tub while I soaked in the warm water. Closing my eyes I ended up drifting off to sleep.

..................

A/N

Me: tells you all to not expect many updates in the next few weeks
Also me: updates both of my stories on the same day

Guys I went and got my nails done today and had grown them out just so they would look nice and have a little length right. So when I got there the guy was like do you want them cut down a little. And I was like sure cause they were a little bit to long so I was like a little bit is gonna be a good thing.

Tell my why this man cut my nails that I had spent weeks trying to make grow out without breaking, down to little nubs!

There so short I don't understand, I said a little bit not my whole nail. Then he tried to keep telling me what color to get. But I was like no I want the color that I picked. And he kept going no you should do this color.

Anyway rant over but I'm still mad about the fact he cut my nails all the way down after I worked so hard on making them grow out. As always let me know what you guys think by now you should know I love hearing what you guys have to say and interacting with you all.

Love ya bookworms I'll see you all in the next chapter <3!