Chapter 8: Loss

"KENNETH NO!" If you were walking nearby, you might have heard a sound of a trigger being pulled.

"NO!" Shouted Kenneth, for he was not dead. Because Andrew had taken the gun shot.

"Ughhh..... Don't ever do that. You have much more to live for. Make the most of your life, don't end it over one *cough* simple mistake."

"You.... You wasn't supposed to die. IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE ME!" Kenneth began to cry.

"It was nice meeting you. See you in the afterlife." Andrew then exploded into ink. Kenneth pulled out a capsule and poured some of the ink inside it. Karen ran away. Then he called the police. They came over and Kenneth had to explain what had happened. Soon after, he grabbed Andrew's phone and texted his mother. They met up at the funeral-care centre. When he did, he was met with a crying woman.

"How did he *sob* die?"

"He died because I tried to commit suicide but.... he took the hit instead."

"Why did you try to commit suicide?"

"Because I learnt that my girlfriend had been cheating on him with me without ever telling me.... For two years."

"Take me to her." Kenneth did exactly that. He took them to Karen's apartment.

"Kenneth I-" Began Karen.

"So you're the reason my little Andrew died? Making this man over here think suicidal?"

"Miss, I-"

"SHAME *sob* ON YOU!" The parents left and Kenneth began to leave.

"Kenneth, I'm sorry."

"Don't. We're done." Kenneth left. Whilst he did, he could hear Karen cry.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kenneth walked back to the funeral centre. He paid in full for Andrew's funeral. He began to mutter to himself. Maybe Callie and Marie had a mission for him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Karen ran through Inkopolis Square, trying to find Kenneth, wanting to apologise. Carelessly, she bumped into someone.

"Watch where you're going. Wait, aren't you the girlfriend of that freak Octoling?" Without word, he began to strangle.

"An Inkling like you should know better than to date an Octoling. Consider this your punishme- ARGHHH!" A figure dressed in black jumped down and kicked the Inkling, knocking him out.

"Who are you?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for the views.

Kenneth Out!