two🥀

"psst!" sammy whispered to a kid who sat behind hanjae. "can we switch seats?" sammy asked.

the kid nodded and they switched their seats without the teacher noticing. the teacher passed out their history score papers to each student. when hanjae received her paper, she folded it in half and laid her head on the table, sighing.

sammy tapped her shoulder, noticing her upset emotions. "may i see your paper, hanjae?" he whispered. hanjae didn't respond to him and ignored him.

a few minutes later, hanjae went to the bathroom as an excuse to skip a few minutes of class, looking at herself in the mirror in disappointment.

67... your dad put you in the best private high school ever, paying for your expensive tuition and you get a 67... what is wrong with me? hanjae thought to herself, feeling to cry. her dad was very poor ever since hanjae's mom had left them. asking her dad to pay her tuition for her was the biggest thing she ever asked for and isn't happy for what she is causing him.

she went back to class right when the bell rang. a sticky note was on her desk.

"come to the rooftop after school."

she didn't know who the sticky note was from, but she was stupid enough to obey what it said.

after school, she slowly walked up the staircase to the rooftop. hanjae opened the door to the rooftop of the school. as she expected, nobody was up here.

what the hell... she said in her head. before she can even turn around to go back, the door closed, locked.

fuck... what am i going to do now?

"now that i have your attention, please take a seat." somebody shouted behind her.

it was sammy.

"what the hell... let me out of here or i'll report you after this." hanjae threatened.

"damn can you let me explain?" sammy raised his hands up. "you have a minute to explain. starting now." hanjae said in an annoyed tone.

"okay, first off im sorry for being nosy, but i know that your history test score was a 67 and i want to ask if i can tutor you!" sammy quickly summed up.

hanjae, still unamused, crossed her arms with a raised eyebrow. "and why would you want to help me?"

sammy sighed and put his hands in his pockets. "your objective here is to pass class, not get distracted. am i right?"

hanjae scoffed and looked to the side. there was a few minutes of silent.

"if i pass the next test up to an 85 by friday, i won't need your help." hanjae stated. "but what if you dont, will i be able to tutor you?" sammy asked.

"dont be so straightforward... i'll... think about it..." hanjae responded. sammys face lit up with a smile, while hanjae still looked emotionless.

"just one question... why would you help an intimidating girl like me?" hanjae asked, being curious.

"to others, you may seem cold, intimidating, smart, top student, focused, and unsocial. to me, you're... not cold. you're not that intimidating, yes you may look focused all the time, but you seem to be having a hard time. you're smart, but struggling with something... you're unsocial, but i want to change that." sammy said.

hanjae looked up at sammy, who still had an easy smile on his face, and felt very weird towards someone she barely knows... but he understands her...

"try your best on this next test and we'll see how things go, okay?" sammy held his hand out, waiting for her to shake it.

for this first time in a while, hanjae smiled a little and shook his hand.

you dont smile a lot... but its cute. sammy thought to himself.

"thank you..." hanjae said before grabbing her back pack and ready to leave.

sammy unlocked the rooftop door to let both of them out.

~🥀