twelve🥀

"hanjae... no matter what, you must always trust and be with your brother as much as you can."

it's been 3 days since jaehyeong has been in the hospital. a car had hit him and led him to injuries, such as bruises, unconsciousness, and a broken leg.

hanjae, on the other hand, has been emotional lately. nothing tragic has ever happened to her brother until now, and she is uncontrollably sad and crazy. meanwhile, sammy has been watching over her while jaehyeong has been in the hospital.

afterschool

"sammy... can you drive me to the hospital to see jaehyeong please?" hanjae asks. her voice tone hasn't been so passionate lately. this side of hanjae makes sammy worried for her.

sammy nods and leads her to the car.

"you know... it hurts me to see you like this hanjae." sammy says. hanjae turns her head to him while he drives.

"what do you mean..?" she questions.

"i've never seen you so... saddened. and i really wish i could help, but i can't."

"maybe if you can give my dad a good slap in the face for still getting mad at jaehyeong for taking us to the mall and blaming his own fucking son for his injuries then i would feel a bit better. all i know is that my dad is such a man whore and cares nothing but himself and his money. shit, i don't even know why my mother left us with him!" she gets louder. then, she starts to tear up a bit. "maybe if my dad wasn't so abusive to my mother... i wouldn't be such a bitch as much as i am now."

"i'm... really sorry to hear that hanjae, i really didn't know about any of this of your father." sammy apologizes.

hanjae wipes her tears, "this isn't your fault..." she says.

"maybe you just need to.. talk to him." sammy suggests.

she doesn't say anything after that.

they arrived to the hospital, both nervous to see jaehyeong.

as they walk into room, there lays jaehyeong reading a book, looking peaceful, yet in pain. he looks up to see his best friend and his sister.

hanjae has the urge to cry, yet goes up to him to give him a hug.

"i'm sorry for everything." she says as she cries on his shoulder. jaehyeong hugs her back, happy to see his beloved sister.

time skip 2 hrs

hanjae sleeps on the guest chair while jaehyeong and sammy talk.

"damn, you really broke up with herrr."

"hell yea... i couldn't take her problematic self anymore." they laughed.

"hey um... i know this is a subtle topic but..." sammy brings up, "if i were... to ask out your sister... would you be cool wit it?" sammy asks.

jaehyeong is speechless. he looks over at his sister, who is still asleep, and wonders if sammy could be good to her. then he looks back at sammy with a smirk.

"honestly man, i trust you with her. go for it if you really like her." jaehyeong pats his back. sammy smiles in relief. "but you gotta promise... don't ever hurt my sister." jaehyeong says in a serious tone.

sammy nods. "i understand. after observing her a lot, i know how she can be at certain times."

jaehyeong pats him in the back again, "go take her home first. she needs some rest at her place, okay?"

sammy nods, "gotchu."

next morning

as hanjae walks to school, she see's sasha ahead of her.

"sasha!" she gets his attention, then catches up to him.

sasha rubs her hair, "seems like you're in a good mood after a few days. what had happened?" he asks.

hanjae avoids the question quickly, "nevermind about me, i heard you got into the track team."

"yep, excited for it. hey by any chance, are you and sammy... a uh thing?" sasha asks.

hanjae rolls her eyes, "is that even a serious question? you know i really have no interest in relationships."

"okay, okay... my bad."

~~~~~

"so... lee hanjae is the girl that sammy chose over me? pathetic."

alli, sammy's ex, has been petty over the breakup ever since. she's been thinking how could someone breakup with me? as she is both the jealous and annoying type.

"we aren't for sure that they are dating. they just... happen to be around a lot." sara, her friend, explains.

"she's right, we saw them at the mall a few days ago." signe, her other friend, supports.

"and what's so special about her? she's just a nerd. and an intimidating one too, how could she give me a cold look in the middle of class?"  alli over exaggerates a lot, as you can tell.

~🥀

i'm not dead i swear. i just came back from finals YAY I SURVIVED! okay, but fr i'll update a lot this summer!!!