nine🥀

jaehyeong knocks on his sisters door, silently calling her name.

"hanjae-ah... may i come in?"

hanjae opens the door, motioning her hands for him to come in.

"is everything okay? you know.. with you and sasha."

hanjae lifts her head and starts thinking. sasha...

"right.. sasha..." she pretends to scratch her arm to stall time, "yeah... i guess were fine. he found me on the bus and decided to take me out for boba. i'm sorry if i worried you... again." she looks up at her brother.

"look, i'm glad you're okay. these past weeks for you, you've been calm lately. and honestly, i'm happy. you haven't been mean to me." jaehyeong jokes.

hanjae chuckles. "you're right. it's been good lately."

jaehyeong looks at her desk and approaches to it.

"hanjae.. you got a 95% on your history test today?"

jaehyeong looks at hanjae while she's on her bed. hanjae shakes her head. she was about to smile, but remembered what sammy had done to her today.

"i'm proud of you sis! keep up the good work." jaehyeong sets down the paper.

he walks towards her door as he's about to close it. "goodnight hanjae."

hanjae waves at him. she lays down and starts reading her book.

"...forgiveness is a good thing to do, but it won't always solve the past..."

~
next morning

as jaehyeong drops hanjae off to school, she hopes to never face sammy again.

~third period, history class~

hanjae reads her book while the other kids mess around.

hanjae looks up at her desk and sees sammy. she immediately faces back down to her book, not knowing what to do to get away from him.

"hanjae-ah, let me explain about yesterday." sammy starts caressing her hair. hanjae grabs his hand and doesn't hesitate to pull him outside of the classroom while everyone sees.

"hya, what did i tell you about touching me? do i need to tell you every minute of the day? gosh, you're so irritating. first you lie about being nice and now you have to do what annoys me the most?" hanjae snaps.

sammy doesn't know how to react. should he be shocked that he got scolded by her or glad that she's still talking to him?

"i-i'm sorry hanjae. let me expla-"

"explain what? the fact that you're completely fake to me around others? especially your girlfriend?"

sammy was speechless. she was right. there really is no way that he can explain.

"i didn't think so." hanjae marched back into the classroom.

the only thing sammy could think of was 'ouch'.

the teacher finally walked in the classroom, but with a student. as expected, hanjae doesn't care to look and just continues to read her book.

"students! i have some quick time for this announcement. please welcome your new classmate, kwon sasha."

hanjae drops her book, looks up, and sees him.

~🥀

~please read~
hi guys! thank you so much for reading my stories! i just want to let you all know that i've been busy with school lately and barely have time to update. anyways, i love each and every one of you! thank you!