CHAPTER ONE: OH MY GOD SHE'S A VAMPIRE!

Katrina: {The blood. The blood is life! I must feed! Was all she could think. She recognized no one. She was entirely under the control of her blood lust. It was what her parents warned her to never let happen, but she was too hungry and too amped up from all the combat.

Some other wolf was trying to prevent her from getting what she needed so she slammed him against the wall again and again until he finally stopped struggling.

Useless animals, she was far superior to anything that walked on this planet. Although something made her pause and look at the wolf. Did she know it? What did it matter she thought as she turned and saw the two humans drifting weightless.

Helpless.

Time to feed!

A small voice in her head was screaming at her to stop as she looked at the boy. She knew this one, didn't she? He was a...friend? Oh God what was she doing?

No! She growled at herself. He's food and nothing more. She could smell his blood still dripping from his hand and it called to her. His beating heart called to her. His lifeforce called to her. She had to eat. She had to drink or die. That was the only way.

Her body moved on its own. Propelled by the desire to survive. She leaped at the boy.

Zach! His name was Zach, she suddenly realized as her powerful legs shot her forward. Her fangs extended. Her arms reaching to tear his throat open. What was she doing? This was wrong!

The dog slammed into her then and they tumbled about this tiny metal cage. She tossed the oddly fierce animal to the side just as they crashed to the ground. She was dazed and battered as it bounced around. She was finally able to shake the blood lust enough to realize what she had almost done. She was trying to get hold of something to see if Zach was ok and apologize as the pod smashed into a house and she was flung into a steel plate, cracking her head again.

Then it bounced up again and she was floating. She saw the wooden post beneath her just as they crashed to the ground. The last thing she was aware of was the terrible pain and the raw tearing of her flesh as it ripped through her body, and then she knew no more.}

"She's gone. I'm terribly sorry." My father said with evident sadness in his voice.

Alexei started laughing then and all the village men and women backed away thinking there was something wrong with him. A few of the women made the sign of the cross warding off evil spirits in case this young man was crazy or possessed I guessed.

Seeing the scared and concerned looks on everyone's faces he attempted not very successfully to stop laughing. Through chuckles and teary eyes, he rested a hand on his twin's shoulder like he was holding her down or something.

"She's not dead!" and before anyone could stop him and amidst screams and gasps from everyone in the room he grabbed the wooden shaft and yanked it from his sister's chest.

It came free with a sick sucking noise and he threw it to the side just as a large group of people entered the tavern, one of them holding a medical bag. He was an older, grey haired man with wire rimmed glasses, long sideburns and an unlit cigarette sticking out of the side of his mouth. They all stared at the young man as though he had just killed his own sister.

"Look it's not what you think," he said looking at all the shocked faces, "but one thing I might suggest is that if you could bring a lot of rare meat it might prevent a lot of people from getting hurt."