CHAPTER THREE: USE YOUR SWORD FOOL!

Katrina: {Just as she was about to spring and kill the fool who shot her and feed on his warm blood, and damn all the others who were going to try and stop her. Then, the fool boy Zach, leapt in front of her and blocked her from being hit.

He probably saved her life since these villagers were most likely very well adapt at fighting vampires. Her head would have been removed before anyone could object, she was quite sure. And just like that, the blind blood lust and debilitating desire to feed was gone.

He had risked his life for her. Again! She could smell his blood in the air so close to her. But the cold rage didn't overtake her. She fought it down as she was more worried about his safety than her damn hunger. She couldn't see him at first as she franticly scanned the room for his bloody body. All she saw was, black feathers? She looked up. Alexei?

Her brother was impressive as he spread his wings wide and shook them free. He was shining with a light that seemed to surround his body. She could see a ghostly image of horns and tattered wings overlaying his shining image as she stared at him. It seemed to take more of a firm definition as she watched his eyes flash golden and then black. But as his eyes cleared and he regained control over his obvious anger, the ghostly demonic image faded to just a faint shadow.

She noticed his sleek black feathers were inlaid with gold as she listened to him speak to the villagers. He reminded her of their uncle as he spread his dark wings wide and calmed them. Her heart filled with love and she was never prouder of him Taking a deep breath not wanting him to see the tears in her eyes she helped Zach stand and began ripping quarrels out of him.}

-----------------------------------------------------------

Just as I thought this would be the last chapter in my life and I'd be joining team Edward, for all you twilight fans, I heard a very loud and extremely close gunshot. I didn't know from which direction as I still wasn't sure which way was even up or down at this point.

Another one followed and this time I could tell it came from behind me so I figured the fighting was just getting closer but it would surely be way too late to save my sorry butt.

There came several more shots in an almost precisely timed rhythm. Blam pause, blam pause, blam pause, like someone was aiming and timing their shots just right. It struck an odd sort of chord in my mind almost like a memory but different.

The hissing kid trying to rip my throat out paused and looked up in the direction of the noise. His eyes went wide and I felt him tense his muscles as he prepared to run.

Before he could so much as blink another shot rang out and a black hole appeared between his eyes as the kids head snapped backwards and the cold body was flung off me with the force of a sledgehammer. Then the precisely timed shooting began again and now I could see why the shots were spaced out.

Every time a shot was fired two or three zombies dropped to the ground their heads exploding in a shower of gore. A pause while another shot was lined up and another couple zombies dropped to the ground. It was an amazing display of timing almost as if the shooter knew where the zombies would be and when.

Another strange thing I noticed but didn't realize it until later was that the shots almost seemed to be coming from different directions, but that had to be a result of my aching skull's multiple encounters with immovable objects, right?

There were obviously many more undead gathered around me than I first had seen. As I tried sitting up and my vision swam before my eyes, the world tilted and I thought I would pass out.