CHAPTER ELEVEN: MY TURN

I had already missed two weeks of school and even though my Dad had called and said I went to Russia with my uncle to bring back his newly orphaned niece and nephew I didn't want to try and explain anything to anyone. 

 I especially didn't want to have to face anyone after my disastrous last day at school which I am sure is the talk of the school and all over the social networks. Getting ready for school this morning was even more difficult than normal. Tesla had been glued to my leg all morning as I got dressed and ate.

"I'll be ok pal" I said scratching his ear, "at least this time I know you can be there in a blink of an eye if I need you huh." He licked my face in confirmation and I hugged his furry face.

Aunt Eve gave me a ride as my Dad and Uncle Leo were already busy in the lab working. It wasn't until I got into my first class that I realized I hadn't done any of my homework but the teachers all seemed more than willing to give me extra time to get it done. 

 That was good because my mind was so preoccupied on everything that had happened lately that I could barely pay attention to anything they said. All the teachers were being overly nice to me for some reason and when I walked to my next class all the kids looked at me like I was a new kid in town or something. 

 They all pointed and whispered. I figured it was because of what had gone down the last time I was in school and as it turns out I was partially right.

My one and only friend Johnny whom I had been friends with since kindergarten slipped me a note that said watch my back because the guys who messed with me were out for revenge.

Revenge, I thought to myself? Revenge for what? I hadn't done anything to them, it was the other way around if anything. I tried asking Johnny what was going on but he just shook his head looking scared and said we'll talk later. 

 Great, now what was going on? Who would have, wait a minute, then I knew. Q, it had to have been him. No one else would have done anything or even had the time to do something. But what had he done was the question, knowing Q it could have been just about anything and that pretty much spelled doom for me. Great just what I needed today of all days.

I went to lunch fully expecting to be covered in some nasty unidentifiable goop they wanted us to eat. But nothing happened, I saw the jocks all sitting at their table and although they all looked my way and talked amongst themselves they didn't make any moves against me. 

 They must be waiting for something I figured. They must have something big planned for me later. Well I had best be ready for anything then right? Right! The power of positive thinking I was always told will get you everywhere. We will just have to put that to the test today.

I went about the rest of the day keeping a wary eye on my surroundings. I was oddly relaxed and I was even able to finish the majority of my late work in the rest of my classes much to the surprise and pleasure of my teachers. 

 Gym class was the next point in the day I was guessing they would ambush me. It was worse than I expected. It was weight training day, a day that for all the small skinny kids like me was a perfect way to get ridiculed and made fun of for a joyful hour and a half. Luckily I convinced the teacher to let me wear my long sleeve sweat shirt and sweat pants claiming I had a cold and didn't want to get even sicker. 

 He said he didn't care as long as I did my exercises. I assured him I would give it my best shot. When it was my turn at the bench press I put on my usual meager amount and prepared to be made fun of as I sat back and grabbed the bar.