8

“Do you have any family?” Luca asked me while staring at me intently and I shook my head.

“Not anymore,” I replied focusing on my food as we were sitting on the kitchen counter of Luca’s New York apartment.

“What happened?” he asked sincerely.
“They weren’t there when it counted,” I told him with a shrug. He nodded and focused on his food as well.

“Did you go to college?” he asked again and I laughed staring at him with an amused look.

“Are we playing 20 questions with you asking all the questions?” I asked and he laughed before shrugging.

“I just want to get to know you more.”
“That’s fair. Well I did go to college and I majored in art.”

He looked pretty impressed. “That’s pretty impressive,” he told me and I smiled playing around with my fork.

“Why did you get married to Jack if you don’t mind me asking?”

“I was a rebel and I wasn’t that close to mom. So I did it to rebel against her I guess. To piss her off which is something I regret now,” I mumbled lowly.

“What’s your favourite colour?” he asked and I laughed again. “That’d be red.”

“Why?” he asked giving me a curious look.

“Because I’m crushing on your Ferrari,” I said with a smile making him laugh.

“I’m in love with it too, don’t worry I’ll get you your own soon,” he told me with a wink and I laughed not really believing him.

“You’re really brave. I try imaging myself going through what you went through and I probably wouldn’t leave through it. You’re strong and I admire that,” he said after a while and I just smiled in response. What else was there to say? 

“So we’re all going clubbing tonight right?” Charlene, Caleb’s girlfriend asked and Caleb and I nodded even though I wasn’t really paying attention. I hated how everywhere I was I would be thinking of Luca. This was getting out of hand. I missed the time I’d spent with him.

“Have you ever gone clubbing?” Charlene teased me when she noticed my lack of excitement. I sarcastically shook my head while she laughed and let me be.

“Guess what we doing tonight?” I asked Luca with a mischievous glint in my eyes upon budging into his room and situating myself on his bed.

“What?” he questioned looking up from his desk.

“We are going clubbing,” I told him with a squeal.

“Absolutely not.”

My mouth gaped as I stared at him. “We will present ourselves elegantly and not act crazy I promise.”

He looked unsure but nodded nonetheless making me squeal.

“You’re so not going to regret this,” I yelled as I ran out to pick my clothes.

He so regretted that night. We did not act classy at all and we acted crazy. We shut the club down that night. I smiled at the memory thinking of how we ended up in the ladies toilet sitted on the floor.

“You just had to drink a lot,” Luca accused when I came back from spilling my guts out and was now rinsing my mouth.

“Forgive me if I was celebrating my freedom from that bastard,” I defended myself slumping on the floor. He sighed before joining me on the filthy floor in his suit and his actions warmed my heart. I rested my head on his shoulders and we just stayed in a comfortable silence.

“Don’t you have anything to celebrate as well?” I questioned him looking up to meet his dark eyes.

“I guess I could celebrate meeting you,” he said and I shook my head.
“Tell me something about yourself that I don’t know?” I asked and he stiffened before relaxing.

“I peed in my pants when I was still a freshman in high school in front of the whole school.” I looked at him and burst into laughter before we both started telling our embarrassing stories.

That night was the night we bonded and we became close. I learnt things I wouldn’t guess about him and he learnt things about me. That was what I missed about us, we understood each other.

I got up from the kitchen counter in the apartment and went to bedroom but stopped when I heard noises in coming from the guest bedroom. I opened the door to see them wrestling on the floor for what seemed like a remote.

I just stared at them and they immediately started defending themselves.

“He started it,” Charlene defended herself getting up to face me with her best puppy face which made me roll my eyes.

“She knew I wanted to watch the game,” Caleb said glaring at Charlene who stuck out her tongue making me stare at them incredulously.

“Two grown people,” I started but was stopped by my phone ringing and seeing the caller id written Luca I screamed before going to answer it.

Please vote, comment, share and follow 🍁