Chapter 6

"For the love of everything holy will you stop pacing?" Diana begged looking out of my fridge just to give me her pleading eyes.

"No," I replied for the hundredth time in the day. After going to a couple of movie auditions I'd been told we'll send you an email if you got the part in two weeks and it was two weeks now. Surely they hadn't forgotten me or had they? Oh Lord what if my audition wasn't good enough? What if they were disappointed with how I looked or maybe they thought I was too desperate or maybe-

"You are saying all those things out loud. Please stop stressing cause you totally crushed all those auditions," Delton my manager/assistant/agent assured me and I took a deep breath before throwing myself on the couch with a loud groan but I quickly shot up to pace again.

"Maybe I did something wrong or I missed a part," I began but was shut up by having cushions thrown at me.

"Stop throwing things kids, I have expensive glass ware which I do not want broken in my apartment," I reprimanded Delton and Diana and they both rolled their eyes before going back to raiding my fridge and read celebrity gossip columns online.

"Oh gosh, Gracie, you might want to see this," I heard Diana say while she was biting into s sandwich she'd probably run into during her raid.

"What?" I questioned making my way to the kitchen and she passed me her iPad which when I looked closely was actually mine. I felt like Diana enjoyed the fact that I was married to a billionaire too much, she was always using my stuff not that I minded. I liked having her around, using my stuff. She'd quite her job at the restaurant after I'd forced her and I'd offered to pay her to be my makeup artist considering she was really good at it. She didn't do much though; she just raided my fridge and updated me on the latest gossip while using my credit card or rather Luca's to shop trending shoes online. I still loved her otherwise.

I looked at the article and saw a picture of Luca walking with Stella Johnson while he held her waist with the heading IS ALL WELL IN PARADISE?

Not bothering to read the article I shoved the iPad towards Diana almost making it fall which caused Diana to complain.

"What's it about?" I asked after minutes of angry pacing and plotting, a lot of plotting about the death of Stella. Would it be a car crash or maybe it could be a fire or it could be –

"Again, you're saying your thoughts out loud you maniac," Delton said and I glared at him with an eye roll. He was busy reading the article while holding a sandwich similar to the one with Diana. Was my fridge full of sandwiches or what?

"The media thinks you and Luca are not a thing anymore and that he's now dating runway model Stella Johnson. They're backing up their story by saying you and Luca haven't been seen together in public for more than three months which is communicating something to the public," Delton explained and I glared at him before slumping on the couch with my eyes closed.

"They're the ones who are not communicating anything," I snapped lifting my legs in the air and holding them in my hands like a kid.

"I thought you don't like Luca," Diana joined the conversation and I snapped at her too feeling annoyed that Luca would go out with Stella. Why her I mean aren't there other girls out there?

"It's complicated."

"Of course it is," Diana replied and I shot up to shoo them out of my apartment.

"Your home is your free space, I'm not feeling free with you two negative humans so now out cause I want to pack to go home." That statement stopped my two idiot friends from leaving. Before I could ask them why they stopped my phone rang telling me I'd just gotten the audition making me scream joyously then I remembered I was going home. Now what?

"You got the part?" Diana and Delton both screamed and I nodded causing a series of screams and I remembered home again.

"I want to go home," I then said and they both looked angry upon hearing me say that.

"You can't go home," the both refused and I looked at them exasperated.

"I need to go and fight for what's mine," I reasoned and they just shrugged but didn't look too happy.

"If you want to go fine but just remember what's more important, love or your dreams, finding Grace?"

After saying that they walked out leaving me to my thoughts but I was decided. I was going to show that Stella girl I had what it took and this time I wouldn't let what's mine slip through my hands again. Running I to my room I started stuffing my clothes in my suitcase not bothering to fold them.

"Hey again," I looked up to see Diana back despite her having left minutes ago.

"You didn't leave did you?" I asked her while going to my closet and I took different shoes and threw them into another suitcase.

"No I didn't because I care about you. I get it you and Stella used to be best friends and secretly you were competitors. She's that one person who made you push to become better and that's okay. I also get that Stella took Jack from you making you feel less cause your greatest competition took the prize from you. You think she's going to take Luca now but she won't because Luca is better than her. Luca loves you and I can't imagine him leaving you for Stella because you're way hotter," she stopped to wipe my tears and laugh with me.

"You can't be all talk and no action. It's possible to spend your life talking about quitting your addiction but until you throw that substance away and start trying to leave clean you're just all talk and no action which is what you are right now. Deep inside you I know you're battling yourself thinking I want to choose me for once and live my dream but now that you're faced with choosing your dream and your weakness you're running to your weakness. It's time you make a choice because life is full of choices that are up to us to make them. They aren't always easy to make trust me on that one but it's the strength to make them that make us who we want to be. Choose wisely okay?"

I nodded giving her a watery smile before we both slumped on the floor leaning against my bed.

"If I choose my dream chances are I might see Luca after about three years and things change in such a long period of time. What if in three years Luca likes Stella and he dumps me? I don't think about this much or say it but I really like Luca despite everything I do. I just push him away because I'm scared of being hurt again. Already I've been hurt and I don't want to put myself in that same situation again because it took me this long to take responsibility for my actions and dry my wounds on the outside, I'm still hurting but I don't dwell on it much. This is so confusing. I just don't know. Gosh this is hard," I muttered the last past while putting my head in my knees before I looked back at Diana.

"You'll make the right decision," she said running her hands through her puffy afro hair making me smile.

"I love your hair," I suddenly said and she began flicking it in every direction making me laugh along with her.

"We're best friends, we'll get through this, together," she assured me squeezing my hands and I smiled before sighing.

"I've made my decision; I'm going to follow my dream, no matter what. Luca can do Stella Johnson; I'm not threatened because I'm so much prettier."

Diana high fived me with a smile before we both drove to get my contract and sign it. I was going to live my dream and I was super excited for it to begin.  

Feel free to VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE 

P.S DON'T FORGET TO FOLLOW:)