Chapter 3

“What are you doing here?” I asked him after my episode of uttering every cuss word my ears have been exposed to.

“I’ve got business in New York.”
I rolled my eyes and frowned before asking for how long.

“3 weeks minimum,” he replied looking pleased with himself and I just rolled my eyes before heading to my room completely ignoring him. I was tired and I didn’t want to start an argument right now.

***
I was late, not fashionably late but like terribly late. Ever since I’d begun working for Catherine I’d never been this late, ever. i was three hours late all because I’d overslept probably because Luca might’ve switched off my alarm. That piece of shit. After I’d left Seattle my mind kept replaying over and over what had happened and I’d become resentful towards him.

I felt like he could’ve treated me better instead of saying the hurtful things he’d said. It was stupid but for some reason I completely hated him and I just felt like killing him. 

When I arrived everyone was gathered around the back almost as if a meeting was being held. As if being late wasn’t embarrassing enough I had to be late in front of everyone. I was so screwed. Catherine was a nice old lady but was like so strict, I feared her at times. Slowly I crept back wanting to just run away when an all too familiar voice called me. I was definitely screwed.

“Who are you?” I heard the voice say and the crowd dispersed leaving me face to face with Luca. What the hell was he doing here? What if he spoilt my cover? I was going to kill him if he did, I swear!

“Alex Klein,” I replied looking down to hide my glare. I was so mad and embarrassed.

“What’s your purpose here?” he questioned making me hold back a scoff and a huge eye roll.

“I’m a waitress sir,” I answered with a shaky voice not because I was nervous but because I was furious. A storm was raging and brewing inside me.

“That right there is what I was talking about, tardiness. As the new owner of this hotel-”

I cut him off saying, “Excuse me, did you just say new owner?” 

He looked annoyed but there was a glint of mischief in his eyes. He was definitely enjoying this.

“Yes, Miss Klein and I do not appreciate being interrupted in the future. This sums up this meeting I hope we’ll work well together and not cross paths. Now back to work everyone,” he said lowly but his voice held so much dominance and arrogance.

Everyone scurried back to their work stations and I spotted Diana who made sure she passed by me just so she could give me a reassuring look which I smiled back at. I followed Luca and a woman who seemed like his new assistant while trying to control my anger. We soon reached what used to be Catherine’s office and it was completely different like it’d been rearranged. How had things changed in like a day? The once colorful room was now grey and lifeless. That grey man just made me furious.

“How did all this change so fast and where’s Catherine?” I questioned as soon as Luca and I were in his office.

“This happened while you were asleep and Catherine sold me her hotel a while ago.”

He was now seated on the black leather chair behind the brown wooden desk while staring at me intently. I took a seat on the office chairs that were in front of the desk waiting for Luca to scold me or whatever.

“Why are you here?” he asked after a while of him staring at me blankly. A look I hated because I had to guess what thoughts were swirling in his mind.