Chapter V - One of Us

First of all, I just wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas !! Hope you enjoy this lil present, aka, a new chapter,

with love, 

Carol

Summer wanted to cry. She didn't know what to do. He held her heart on his hands, there was no doubt she was in love with him. He had t he power of crushing her heart with only one hand, but also the power of making her love grow bigger and bigger. Every time she looked back at the bed, watching Ben asleep, it made her feel like this was what heaven really felt like, he looked like an angel and he chose her, for some reasons she couldn't really understand, she felt the entire wold falling on her chest, making her breathe escape from her lungs. 

It's been 15 days since that day on the beach. She felt like they've been together for months. They got so close, so intimate in such a small time, it made her scared. She never got intimate with someone to the point of sleeping for days in the same bed, spending all their time together, making love every night with the starts shinning behind them.

It felt like a fairy tale, but she knew those things were only bullshit. She always thought this would be just a summer fling, that he was a men whore, ready to drop her as soon as the vacation was over, just as all the other boys do. What Summer didn't know was that he was, actually, a serious monogamous, 1 year out of a 7 year relationship, not been able do really date, just having one or two casual encounters, kissing strangers to try to feel good, to not feel so alone. He missed being in love, he missed the rush of kissing someone he actually cared, the feeling of wanting someone so bad it hurt, but well, he never told  her that, he didn't even tell where he lived and what he did for living, also he had no idea where Summer was from, her past, her life outside their Greek dream life. He meant to ask her, maybe they could work something out, maybe this could still go own after summer, because he didn't want him and Summer to end. He cared about her, he wanted to know more about her, he wanted to love her, but as said before, she had no idea of all of this.

So there she was, looking at herself in the mirror, with all the hickeys, with his smell stuck in  her body, that amazing smell. She held the moonstone softly, stroking it gently, remembering all about that night, how she just let herself go, because, for some reason, she trusted him, she wanted him. She looked back at bed, watching Ben sleep calmly, that broke her heart, she knew what she had to do, there was only one way she wouldn't get so hurt when he leaves her.

She had two more days in the beautiful island they were staying. She had two options, to stay and enjoy those last two days with Ben, or to leave now, cutting all the feelings at the root, once for all. She wiped one tear that fell down her face and without making much noise, she put some clothes on and wrote something on a piece of paper, letting it on the pillow she slept all these days. She got her purse, feeling her entire being crumbling inside of her and before she would fall apart, she got off the room and ran straight to her bedroom, leaving Ben behind, asleep. 

Summer gathered everything she brought with her quickly, she made the check out and was waiting for a fairy boat. 

Ben woke up not long after that, stretching his arm, trying to feel Summer beside him, but all he found was emptiness. He set down, looking all around the room, finding only a small piece of paper laying down beside him. 

"They passed me by, all of those great romances, 

You were, I felt, robbing me of my rightful chances.

My picture clear, everything seemed so easy

And so I dealt you the blow, one of us had to go

Now it's different, I want you to know

One of us is crying, one of us is lying

In her lonely bedStaring at the ceilingWishing she was somewhere else instead

One of us is shaking with a heart that's breaking

One of us is lonely, one of us is only

Waiting for a call

Sorry for herself, feeling stupid, feeling small

Wishing she had never left at all

I will miss you, cocky

Moonstone."