Chapter XIII - Caramel

benhardy1 liked your photo

"Oh my god" Summer said trying to stop the notifications from buzzing on her ear, as she tried to focus on her Job.

"Who's bothering you?" Lucy said, giggling, trying to catch Summer's phone, but Summer was faster "what are you hiding?" Lucy gave a curious look, determined to find out and there was no way she was going to let go anytime soon "c'mooon Summy!".

"Fine" Summer gave in, rolling her eyes "it's Ben, he found out my instagram and now he can't stop bothering me" she actually wanted to laugh, this entire situation was, still, very confusing to her, this vast confusion only made her more anxious and her mind was already playing tricks with her, thinking about him, even dreaming about the blond little devil that keeps chasing her. She was not sure of what she felt when it comes to Ben, she knew he gave her butterflies in her tummy, that she got way too horny around him and that knowing that he's close gives her a sense of security.

"It's so cute, he seems so in love" Lucy said, sitting closer to Summer "why don't you give it a shot?". Lucy loved playing match maker, bringing people together was her hobby, especially when she sees potential in a possible couple, and for her, that's exactly what Ben and Summer were. On this short time she spent with Summer she was already enjoying been close to her and she could see their friendship develop, she only needed a little bit of insistence, not because Summer is not warm or charismatic, but mostly because Summer is a complete workaholic that many times forget about living life and gets stuck in this vicious circle of trying to be the best and ignoring her social needs.

"He works with me, Lucy, he can get me fired with things go bad" Summer insisted on keeping herself in line, in some sort of confused work ethic.

"At least follow him back!" Lucy wouldn't give up so easily.

"Fine!" Summer finally let her feeling take the lead for one small second and then was back to trying to be a tough girl.

Lucy and Summer talked for a while, about their lives, their favorite foods and their experience with men. Lucy told about this guy she went out for a week that had a foot fetish and always offered to massage her feet, but apparently her feet are a very tickle spot, that made Summer laugh very loud. Summer told about a guy she went out with when she was still in high school and every time, they tried to have sex, his dick would never get hard.

"Oh god, I can't stop laughing" Summer said, whipping the tears off the border of her eye "now I gotta go, I'm gonna grab a coffee, I'll be right back!" she got up and kissed the top of Lucy's head.

Summer walked to the nearest coffeeshop that was just around the corner. There she facetimed with her brother and talked to her nieces. She missed them so much, making cupcakes for Ana that would always get completely dirty with chocolate frosting, or how she would sing Janis Joplin songs to Janis as she tried to teach her how to play guitar. She remembered the day os Dylan's and Kat's wedding and how beautiful she looked, how emotional she got seen her older brother so happy to be marrying the girl of his dreams. Summer wondered if someday she would have what they have and well, she got stuck on that thought for a while.

She walked back to the building she was working in and the first thing she saw was Ben talking to Joe. She felt tempted to go there and talk to them, well, she wanted to talk to Ben but Joe was a fun guy too. She stared at his beautiful smile, so charming and sincere, for her he was always on this thin line of looking adorable and sweet or sexy and hot, those too could mix though. She thought of how beautiful his blonde hair was, like golden wires that she just wishes she could wrap her fingers around. His mouth was so...red, it seemed so warm and...welcoming, she was craving to kiss his lips and bit the tip of it. All those thoughts made her forget everything else that was around her and she didn't even notice that Ben was standing right in front of her saying something she wasn't hearing at all.

"Summer?" she finally got back into reality, but almost got lost again, but now in his eyes.

"Yes?" she replied, still a bit lost and he smiled.

"Are you okay?" Ben stroked her arm slightly, giving her chills up to her neck.

"I don't really know" she kept looking deep into his eyes "your eyes are very hypnotizing, did you know that?".

"No I didn't" he giggled, smirking right after it.

"They are gorgeous, I wish mine were so beautiful as yours" she had no idea why she was saying all that.

"but your eyes are beautiful, Summer, especially under sun light, I remember they looked all like caramel".

"And you love caramel" she smiled.

"yes I do" another smirk "but now, why are you being so nice to me?" he was indeed confused.

"Ugh why did you have to say that? You just ruined everything" she got back to reality, turning her back to him and started to walk away.

"Wait! What did I do wrong?" he said trying to walk as fast as her.

"You talked!" she laughed closing the door behind her, right into his face.

"Summer can I talk to you?" Lucy said serious, watching Summer rest her body against the door, Summer nodded a yes and set right beside Lucy "I didn't mean to look at it, but your stuff is all over the place" she giggled a bit nervous, as Summer looked very confused "but I read some of your notes and oh god you have a bunch of them don't you? But well, you have some AMAZING ideas, I think you should talk to the director, some of them I've never seen in a movie and I really wish I could see it done".

Lucy looked truly interested and amazed, which gave confidence she never felt before. Lucy was an amazing artist, actress, and for her to acknowledge ideas from a assistant was just insane for Summer to even think off. Maybe, just maybe, Lucy was right and Summer's ideas weren't just a piece of senseless shit, maybe, just maybe, she could finally put in a movie an idea original from her, and god know how much she lingers for it.

She gave Lucy a big smile, holding her hand tight.

She was going to show him her ideas.

She was going to do it.

Finally.