Chapter 7 - What?!

J POV

I was weirded out about Betty ending the call so quickly but I guess she wanted to get back to having fun with the girls. I went downstairs and got a bowl of cereal and watched TV on the couch, while I was doing that Archie came running down the stairs. " Wanna go to Pop's", he asked while putting on a brown jacket. " Sure! " , I said while putting my bowl in the sink and turning off the TV. I went to the door, I grabbed my shoes and my jacket as well. We walked out the door and got into my black truck and drove off to Pops.

We walked through the doors and went up to Pop Tate who was at the counter. " Can I get a burger, chocolate shake and fries please? " Archie asked to Pop who was writing down his order. " Jug you want the usual right? " , Pop asked. " Yeah! Thanks Pop. ", I said while walking to a booth. While we were talking and laughing, we got our milkshakes. Out of nowhere Archie said, " To our friendship! " as he raised his glass. " to our friendship! ", I said back while raising my glass as well. We both took a sip and I heard that familiar bell.

B POV

As Toni and Cheryl left. Veronica and I decided we wanted to get more food. We then decided on the famous Pops. Andre drove us there in Veronica's dad's limo. " Thanks Andre! " , Veronica said as she kissed his cheek and walked towards the door. " Thank you again, Andre! " I said and followed Ronnie. We opened the door and we heard the familiar bell. We walked to the counter and ordered. We were about to sit when I saw Him. He turned around and smirked. " Wanna join us? ", he said while taking a sip of his milkshake. " Only if your treating! ", I said while walking over and climbing over the seat and sitting next to Archie with Jug across from me and Veronica next to Jug. We had about 7-8 milkshakes and we talked for hours. Sometimes Jug and I would exchange glances but it wasn't very much.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jug and I were walking home since Archie went to Veronica's for the night. Jug and I were awkwardly brushing our hands with each others. When we got to the house, he walked me to the porch and I kissed his cheek I was about to say something but I hesitated and closed my mouth. " See you tomorrow at school! ", I said awkwardly and went inside. I let go of the breath I was holding and I slid down until I was sitting down and had my back on the door. I started to break down. Why was I crying? What is happening? I then reached for my phone in my pocket and called the first person I could think of. I rang three times before he answered.

" Hey Betts! What's up? " , he asked. " I...I...I d.don't know?! ", I said shakily. " I'm coming over now! " , He said while I heard him stepping and opening the door. I hung up and waited. About 30 seconds later I heard a knock on the door. I just stood there, frozen. I couldn't move. I couldn't breath. I couldn't speak. He now was pounding on the door. " Betts! Are you ok? ", I heard him ask, he was concerned. I could barely manage a, " Help" out of my mouth. The pounding stopped and I didn't feel his present anymore. I just stood there frozen until arms snaked around my waist. " What's wrong? " , I heard a voice say. I was still there frozen, until I barely said, "Chuck" . " What?! What did he do!, Did he hurt you!? "