Part 10 - Shifts

J POV

Today I got up to go to school. I put my black ripped jeans on and my usual "S" T-shirt. As well as a flannel. I put on my iconic beanie and looked out of my window and saw my neighbor, Betty Andrews. She was lying in her bed with only a hoodie and panties on. She was on her phone and was listening to music. I took a piece of paper and crumbled it up, then I threw it at her window.

She then looked up and went to the window. I waved while she opened her window. She was smiling, for the first time since........the incident. " Hey, you know you could've texted me.", she said while giggling. " I know, I just wanted to get you to smile. ", I said while my face flushed a deep red. " I got to go to school but I'll see you later, ok? ", I said while grabbing my backpack right next to me. " Yeah, ok! I'll see you later. ", she said frowning. I smiled and closed my window. I then walked out of my room and down the stairs. 

"Morning Jug. ", my dad said with a smile while giving me a piece of toast. "Morning dad! I'm going to walk today, ok. ", I said while walking towards the door. He nodded and I walked out the door and closed it. I then saw Archie walking out of his door and locking it. I guess he saw me so he called my name and ran over to me. " How's Betty doing? " I asked while taking off my headphones. " She is doing good. Veronica said she was coming at 8:00. " He said, smiling. "Ok, good! " I said smiling back.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I walked into the school and went straight to the Blue and Gold. As I was waiting for the bell to ring, I was writing my novel. It was about my life. My horrible, cruel life. I write in it to get all of my anger out. 

As I was writing, I felt a hand touch my shoulder. "Hey Jones. ", I heard. It was a girl's voice. I turned around and saw Toni. One of  Betty's friends. I never really knew her. But Betty would talk about her. "Toni, heard a lot about you. " "Good things I hope. ", She said while sitting on the desk. 

" What do you need? ", I asked while closing my laptop. " I just want to know about, Betty. Im worried for her. Her and Chuck," She paused and sighed, " had a............. past. " " She is doing good. She is staying home for like 2 weeks. Veronica is taking care of her this week and do it next week. ", I said while spinning towards her. 

" Ok, at least she is being looked after. ", Toni said as she jumped of the desk and headed out of the room. I then turned back around and opened my laptop again and started typing again. 

Hey you guys! I'm so sorry I haven't been posting! I've been so busy and I have basketball after school and it goes till 6. So I wont post very often! I love you guys and we almost have 1k views!!!! My account was for when I have a passing time to type and read, and I love it! Thank you so much! I love you guys!